No playing sound

Amigo121

Hello, I have problem with my sound system. I have created object which will take care of all my sounds. I created separate sound groups for effects and background music and assigned sound files to them. I placed the mentioned object in my room and loaded my sound groups in the create event.
After further investigation I found out my sounds never gets to be loaded (I created save/load event, which should play sound track after it's done loading but nothing).

I did some research on the internet, I don't think my issue is in the sound output (I checked in preference, default audio device and it's alright). I couldn't find anything what would help me with my problem.

Thanks for any help

Padouk

Little bit more context would help.
Are you on HTML5?
If you are on HTML5, it's a browers security issue.
Modern browsers will prevent any sound from playing before the user interact with the page.
Make sure your player click somewhere before you play any sound. (Like a "Let's play" button on your splash screen)

i'll let someone help answer ;P

Amigo121

I'm on desktop.

Little bit more context would help.
Are you on HTML5?
If you are on HTML5, it's a browers security issue.
Modern browsers will prevent any sound from playing before the user interact with the page.
Make sure your player click somewhere before you play any sound. (Like a "Let's play" button on your splash screen)

i'll let someone help answer ;P

Padouk

And you say the sound play well when you create a simple room, with a simple object. with nothing else than a Create Event... and start your sound there?
audio_play_sound(snd_Game_Acoustic_Loop, 0, true);

I used to have this problem. In my case the sounds only loads in some compilations, but in most of the cases it will never load.
What worked for me was reinstalling/updating my audio driver. But I think you should post the console error, in my case was something related to audio device

Amigo121

I have no idea why. I didn't change the code at all (just added object to new room) but now it works. I'm confused why it didn't work until now tho.
Thanks for your comment

And you say the sound play well when you create a simple room, with a simple object. with nothing else than a Create Event... and start your sound there?
audio_play_sound(snd_Game_Acoustic_Loop, 0, true);