GMC Forums No Pictures in WIP

Ladi_Pix3l

I was browsing around the "Work in Progress" forum and I've noticed that some of the new developers to GM don't post any type of screenshots about there game or any type of visual media. I'm sure the guidelines mention this before posting. So is this no longer required?

Perseus

Not Medusa
Forum Staff
The requirements for posting a topic in that forum were made less strict when we moved over to the new forums. Members no longer need to post a playable demo, although it is highly recommended that they do. But we still require members to share some sort of media to showcase their projects in current or envisioned states, be it via a video, a demo or a screenshot. The rules do mention that it's mandatory to have at least one screenshot or video (though I'll see if we can't make the wording more clear), and a topic that has none should be reported, which will be followed by a moderator action as soon as possible.

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
I saw a topic yesterday whose only media was a 32x32 sprite of the playable character... is the guidelines clear enough on what constitutes good media, and is there some sort of hard "minimum effort advertisement" limit or do we have to use common sense to tell when a topic is OK or not? :p

(the dev at least posted some more media since I checked the topic last, after I sarcastically told them they should, so at least that's fine now)

WarpDogsVG

I'm always worried of posting too many screenshots, especially big ol' gifs. I think for the most part WIP does a good job policing itself

T

Tiri'ToathMaker

I shall bear these points in mind if I need to use that forum :)

Z

zendraw

you shuld make a rule to put gifs and screens in spoilers so i dont have to load so much stuff at once. as for the screens rule 'You shuld post media that is representive of your game' somthing like that. i mean if theres nothing to represent it, it wuld mean theres no work done on it.