• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE No option to export as installer or executable

T

TheOperator

I have a project that was originally made in studio 1.4 and seemingly successfully transferred to studio 2. Only problem is I've seemingly lost the option to build it as anything other than a zip directory. I've checked the windows preferences and tried setting "Default Packaging Type" to "Show Dialog", but still the only option is building a zip. In this picture you can see I've even set default packaging type to Nsis installer and it still only offers a zip build.cantbuildinstaller.png

I opened an older GMS2 native project named "Test" that is empty, and the dialog for building installer did appear canbuildinstaller.png , however, I then ticked the Remember Packing option and clicked package as zip, then closed the "save as" window. This project is now permanently stuck on building a zip file too and no amount of changing Default Packaging Type will fix it.

In an attempt to re-produce the problem, I created a new project (Test2) and did everything I could to get it stuck on only offering a zip build, but I could not seem to break it, so I really have no idea what is wrong.

I just tried a totally fresh install of version 2.1.5.322 and still can't build an installer or executable file for my original project. Has anyone encountered and solved this problem before?

H

Hendrin

Edit: Just realize you already tried this.

Should be able to go into Preferences in the File menu, select Platform Settings on the left hand side of the window that pops up, and go to Windows, click the down arrow on the drop down box beside Default Packaging Type.

F

fui312

Ye, I'm running into this issue too... No idea whats causing it, but I don't think it can be changed from inside GMS2 (bug that needs to be fixed?)

L

lachlantopcat games

I have a project that was originally made in studio 1.4 and seemingly successfully transferred to studio 2. Only problem is I've seemingly lost the option to build it as anything other than a zip directory. I've checked the windows preferences and tried setting "Default Packaging Type" to "Show Dialog", but still the only option is building a zip. In this picture you can see I've even set default packaging type to Nsis installer and it still only offers a zip build.View attachment 20636

I opened an older GMS2 native project named "Test" that is empty, and the dialog for building installer did appear View attachment 20637 , however, I then ticked the Remember Packing option and clicked package as zip, then closed the "save as" window. This project is now permanently stuck on building a zip file too and no amount of changing Default Packaging Type will fix it.

In an attempt to re-produce the problem, I created a new project (Test2) and did everything I could to get it stuck on only offering a zip build, but I could not seem to break it, so I really have no idea what is wrong.

I just tried a totally fresh install of version 2.1.5.322 and still can't build an installer or executable file for my original project. Has anyone encountered and solved this problem before?
you have to go to your game file and options and remove everything in the windows folder