• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion No option to change background colour at room editor with tiles

S

SaintHeiser

Have a suggestion.
At the image editor I can setup colour of background at preferences.
But I can't setup colours of background for tilesets. It's very hard for me to work with tiles on transparent default background. For example if I use bright tiles (like white+light grey) it's hard to see these tiles at "tileset brush editor" or at "room editor" when I'm working with tileset.

As temporary solution I've edited styles at GMS progamm folder (tilesets and room json).
But would be good if user can change background colour for tilesets at least in preferences.
And would be really awesome if user can change background color inside edtior(image, tileset, room) like custom grid colour. I see this feature as extra icon over grid setup and working as same way but affects on background color only.

I think, it would be useful feature for everyone.
Tech don't want implement this feature while someone will interested as me.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Errr... just add a background layer in to the room editor..... and then set it to be lower down than the tile layer... see the dungeon demo

Russell

S

SaintHeiser

Huh?
Are you sure that it is possible to work with your **** tilesets????????

And WHERE in the TILE PANEL I should PUT a Layer?
Your team only annoys me, and make me rages!!!! Impossible to got some help from YoYo-Games, I understand.

Last edited by a moderator: