• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

No option for Mac OS X as target platform in Gamemaker Studio 1.4

N

NecroseN

I have been trying to export my game to a .dmg so that I can send it to Mac users. This is for noncommercial use. In all of the tutorials that I see, the first thing that is done is open the target dropdown and select Mac OS X and then go to the Mac tab in the global game settings.

The problem is that I don't have an option for Mac in the target platform dropdown, nor do I have a Mac tab in the global game settings, and I have not managed to find anyone with a similar problem in the hours I spent searching the forums. Am I missing some package or add-on? I am using the Steam version of Gamemaker Studio Professional Edition v1.4.1804

Thank you

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
Do you own an original copy of Game Maker Studio 2? If so, you probably don't have the necessary module... Why are you using version 1.4.1804?

N

NecroseN

This is Gamemaker Studio 1, not Gamemaker Studio 2. I do not own any sort of copy of Gamemaker Studio 2.

I am using 1.4 because I paid a lot of money for it at the time, and I don't want to pay even more money for a new IDE when this one essentially does everything I need it for. This is my last project in Gamemaker before I switch to either Unity or Godot anyway.

I just looked up the Mac OS X module like you said, but I couldn't find anything. Can you tell me where I can obtain it?

rIKmAN

This is Gamemaker Studio 1, not Gamemaker Studio 2. I do not own any sort of copy of Gamemaker Studio 2.

I am using 1.4 because I paid a lot of money for it at the time, and I don't want to pay even more money for a new IDE when this one essentially does everything I need it for. This is my last project in Gamemaker before I switch to either Unity or Godot anyway.

I just looked up the Mac OS X module like you said, but I couldn't find anything. Can you tell me where I can obtain it?
What targets DO you have in the target dropdown?
Did you ever pay for a licence or is it one of the old 1.4 free trial versions?

First step would be to log in to your account on the YYG website and check what licences are showing as attached to that account, what type they are and what expiry dates they show for each one.

N

NecroseN

I do not have a YYG account associated with this copy of 1.4 because everything was done through Steam. This is the full Professional Edition version of the game. How can I check/ add a licence? Also, in the tutorials I saw, people had Mac OS X in their dropdown even if they didn't have the licence yet.

In my dropdown I have:
- Windows
- Windows (YYC)
- Android / Fire (Test)
- Windows 8 (Native)
- Windows 8 (YYC)
- Steam WORKSHOP

S

Sybok

Depends when you bought it. There was a time where OSX was a separate paid export.

N

NecroseN

That makes sense. I actually remember seeing something like that. Unfortunately, Gamemaker Studio 1 is no longer obtainable through Steam, and that appears to be the case with the OSX module as well. I was able to find a steam key for the module on G2A, but the site says that the product is temporarily not available. There's probably a reason for that.

Should I try to get in touch with YYG support?