• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion "No network connection" - At login in GMS2

• Thread starter Citation Needed
  • Start date
C

Citation Needed

I'm trying to get GMS2 to work and hopefully implement in our curriculum, however, I am having difficulty getting it to authenticate on our network at school. I am able to use GMS2 without issue on my work laptop (windows) from a personal internet connection but when using our connection at work attempting to login gives me a "No network connection" error immediately - there is hardly any time between when I click to login and when this error pops up. I am assuming this might be due to proxy settings or a port not being open within this particular network. Is there a specific port that needs to be open for this authentication to work? Furthermore, is there an FAQ or network settings/installation guide that I could send to my site-based tech that contains the relevant information?

C

Citation Needed

Thank you for the reply. I have done this now.