• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows No licence in free trial version

tox_von

i go to log in with email and password and it says no licence found. How do i fix this and add the free licence?

tox_von

im new to gamemaker studio 2 i used to use the older versions that were free.

this had a licence recovery button i clicked it and it sent me the licence where do i type it in?

the licence it gave me is 32 digets is this the one for gamemaker 1.4 i foind a place to type that.

Last edited:

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
You no longer type in licenses in GMS 2. Licenses are now tied to your YoYo account and license authentication works by logging into the IDE using that account.

GameMaker Studio 1.x licenses can not be used with GameMaker Studio 2 in any way.

Have you verified whether the trial license is listed on the Products page yet?

If it's listed and active, you should be able to log in normally. If you can't, please contact support.
If it's listed but states that it's expired, since you presumably already had an account at that time, chances are your trial period started when the trial period was first introduced and has already ended without you ever using it. If you deem this to be the case, contact support to see if they can offer a suitable solution.
If it's not listed at all, something went wrong. You guessed it... contact support. :)

You can reach the helpdesk via the contact form.

tox_von

no there's nothing listed on the products page but stuff to buy.

What am i meant to do on the contact form what is my problem i need to list?

tox_von

the email is correct.

i already had a yoyo account i didn't need to create it does that matter?

Should i try with another email address?

Last edited:

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
You have to have created the account at some point, not necessarily recently. If you hadn't created an account at all, you wouldn't be able to log in in the first place and would first have to create an account.
If you then verified the account and logged into the account via the IDE, a trial license should have been assigned at that point at the latest. That should be all that's required. Changing the email shouldn't change anything about this.

Have you tried logging in a second time? Does that change anything? If not, exactly what does the error message state?

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
In that case, please do contact the helpdesk because it seems like this is a problem the community will not be able to help you with.