• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

iOS No Haptic feedback / vibration for iOS?!

Hi all, trying to find my way through the docs implementing haptic feedback for iOS and could only find outdated (not working) market place solutions?
I'm very surprised and a bit disappointed this isn't actually supported natively in GM2 (or did I miss something)?

Is there a way of bringing haptic feedback/vibration into my game?

Thank you!

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
The reason it isn't built into GMS 2 is a little bit of history. GMS 1.4 once used a haptic library from Immersion, but Immersion pulled the plug on it and no alternative was found in time for GMS 2's initial development. This is similar to why GMS 2's audio capabilities also leave a lot to be desired, the original vendor for GMS 1.3's audio engine also pulled the plug early and only a basic substitute was available in time for GMS 2.

curato, I downloaded and YYC compiled it successfully but when I tried on iPhone it doesn't work and the status says "0" (instead of 1). It seems outdated.

FrostyCat, that's a shame no one else has done an extension for GM2.

Thanks everyone for your reply!

Would be nice to have a solution :(