• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

No full screen possible (just a blank white screen)

O

Oliver Kitzing

Hello,

Every project (Windows as target platform, GM Version 1.41763, platform is Windows 10 professional (1604), graphics card a Nvidia 1070) which I try to start in fullscreen mode just shows a blank white screen.

It doesn't matter if I set the project to start with a full screen at the beginning or switch to fullscreen from windowed mode.. all projects run fine in windowed mode, but as soon if you hit ALT+ENTER for switching to fullscreen, just a blank screen appears.

Game still seems to work in the background while blank screen shows (music plays, sprites change their positions..)

As soon as I change the option "Alternative synchronization method" in global game settings in Windows->Graphics to "true", the screen is not blank, but frozen and won't update (game is still running in the background).

I tried several Nvidia drivers, to no avail. There was a time when resetting the 3D-Properties of the nvidia driver seemed to help.. but this was a short-lived affair.

Tried several other options in the graphics Settings.. no chance. It doesn't matter if I run the project within the debbuger or I create the full .exe.. all show the same symptoms.

Seems to run fine on other PCs...

Any ideas?

O

Oliver Kitzing

UPDATE: strange.. now it works again.. okay, I had another game (no game maker project though) running in the background as the full screen wasn't working.. maybe it doesn't like that?

M

Monsi

White area = application_surface not being updated (if that helps?)
Also observable when the game has crashed, and a portion of the window is moved back after being offscreen.

Perhaps try poking around with the surface functions, like resizing it or reseting it.