• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS No devices found when trying to make iOS build

chinykian

Hello, I've recently imported my v1.4 project into GM:S 2 and am unable to make an iOS build of the game because it can't seem to detect the device I've had connected to my macbook (running Sierra). Android build works without a hitch. Wondering if anyone has encountered the same issue and if there's a way around this.

S

Siracher

Hi, I have the same Problem and reportet it as a bug. They are aware of it and it is already fixed but we have to wait for the next release. But they don't give any date when the next release will be distributed. Should be in 1-2 weeks...

chinykian

Hi, I have the same Problem and reportet it as a bug. They are aware of it and it is already fixed but we have to wait for the next release. But they don't give any date when the next release will be distributed. Should be in 1-2 weeks...
Thanks! Much appreciated =)

rIKmAN

Unless this was broken in the last update then I think it may be a Sierra issue, as I exported / built fine using GMS2 to my iPads without any issues using an El Capitan machine.

I followed the official guide for setting up both iOS and Android and both worked perfectly first time, which surprised me too! :)

chinykian

Unless this was broken in the last update then I think it may be a Sierra issue, as I exported / built fine using GMS2 to my iPads without any issues using an El Capitan machine.

I followed the official guide for setting up both iOS and Android and both worked perfectly first time, which surprised me too! :)
I was originally using El Capitan and experienced the issue, which prompted me to update my OS to Sierra - to no avail =(

chirpy

@chinykian
Could you share your setup between PC GM:S2 (v2.0.7.171) and your MacBook Pro (Sierra)? Mine always showed "connection Failed" instead of the "Successful" message as shown in your screenshot. Are they connected directly via Ethernet, or did you have to adjust router settings? Any tutorial document to follow? Thanks!

[Edit: connection succeeded when I turned on "Remote Login" besides "File Sharing" in Mac System Preferences/Sharing]

chinykian

@chinykian
Could you share your setup between PC GM:S2 (v2.0.7.171) and your MacBook Pro (Sierra)? Mine always showed "connection Failed" instead of the "Successful" message as shown in your screenshot. Are they connected directly via Ethernet, or did you have to adjust router settings? Any tutorial document to follow? Thanks!

[Edit: connection succeeded when I turned on "Remote Login" besides "File Sharing" in Mac System Preferences/Sharing]
The two machines were under the same wireless network - I did not have to adjust any router settings. All I did was I followed this link: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001368747-Setting-Up-For-iOS and updated to the latest version of GMS2.

E

Eegore

I had the same issue, but a different resolution. My problem was that my phone was not on the same Wifi network as my computer. Once I connected them to the same network, it all worked.