1. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

iOS No devices found when trying to make iOS build

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by chinykian, May 27, 2017.

1. chinykian

chinykian Member

Hello, I've recently imported my v1.4 project into GM:S 2 and am unable to make an iOS build of the game because it can't seem to detect the device I've had connected to my macbook (running Sierra). Android build works without a hitch. Wondering if anyone has encountered the same issue and if there's a way around this.

[​IMG]

2. Siracher

Siracher Member

Hi, I have the same Problem and reportet it as a bug. They are aware of it and it is already fixed but we have to wait for the next release. But they don't give any date when the next release will be distributed. Should be in 1-2 weeks...

chinykian likes this.
  3. chinykian

chinykian Member

Thanks! Much appreciated =)

4. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

Unless this was broken in the last update then I think it may be a Sierra issue, as I exported / built fine using GMS2 to my iPads without any issues using an El Capitan machine.

I followed the official guide for setting up both iOS and Android and both worked perfectly first time, which surprised me too! :)

5. chinykian

chinykian Member

I was originally using El Capitan and experienced the issue, which prompted me to update my OS to Sierra - to no avail =(

6. chinykian

chinykian Member

Joy! Problem fixed in the latest version of GMS2 (v2.0.7.171).

7. chirpy

chirpy Member

@chinykian
    Could you share your setup between PC GM:S2 (v2.0.7.171) and your MacBook Pro (Sierra)? Mine always showed "connection Failed" instead of the "Successful" message as shown in your screenshot. Are they connected directly via Ethernet, or did you have to adjust router settings? Any tutorial document to follow? Thanks!

[Edit: connection succeeded when I turned on "Remote Login" besides "File Sharing" in Mac System Preferences/Sharing]

8. chinykian

chinykian Member

The two machines were under the same wireless network - I did not have to adjust any router settings. All I did was I followed this link: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001368747-Setting-Up-For-iOS and updated to the latest version of GMS2.

9. chirpy

chirpy Member

10. chinykian

chinykian Member

No worries mate! You're welcome!

11. Eegore

Eegore Member

I had the same issue, but a different resolution. My problem was that my phone was not on the same Wifi network as my computer. Once I connected them to the same network, it all worked.