OFFICIAL Nintendo Switch export coming soon to GameMaker Studio 2

L

Lonewolff

Stellar news! My current project would fit in very well with other Switch titles, hopefully it isn't too pricey.
Guessing it will fall in line with the other console exports +/- $1000.

Not too pricey when you are releasing on a console.

TrunX

What if YoYo and Nintendo pulled of a deal similar to the one they had with Microsoft and Sony for the GMS1 Console Modules.
Nintendo pays for the maintenance and the support and developers get it for free (as long as they are approved by nintendo).

Otherwise it may cost the same as the other console modules. Time will show.

B

Bardsley Creative

I'm curious to how they will restrict it. Perhaps it will be invite only? Knowing Nintendo they won't just let in a flood of game maker games.

vdweller

So what exactly is the procedure for this? I signed up in the Nintendo Developer Portal. But what from there?

Do I have to contact a specific person to pitch my game?

Will the submission process somehow be easier with the Switch plugin?

I literally have no idea how to proceed. I sent an email to Nintendo but if any of you has prior knowledge, can you drop a few pointers?

So what exactly is the procedure for this? I signed up in the Nintendo Developer Portal. But what from there?

Do I have to contact a specific person to pitch my game?

Will the submission process somehow be easier with the Switch plugin?

I literally have no idea how to proceed. I sent an email to Nintendo but if any of you has prior knowledge, can you drop a few pointers?
lol, why are you asking here instead of the Nintendo forum?

JackTurbo

Almost everything to do with launching on consoles is subject to NDA, so you wont find much info on publicly available forums.

If you've signed up to their dev program already then do they have not a private dev only message board or FAQ?

vdweller

lol, why are you asking here instead of the Nintendo forum?
I have my reasons. It has to do with the <NDA stuff here>. lol

All I was asking is whether someone knew of a specific email for general inquiries for the Switch, like [email protected].
To clarify my confusion, I had no idea if, for example, it is:
1) Contact someone from Nintendo, present them you game, then proceed if they agree.
2) Export the game to the Switch system
Or
1) Have the game ready for the Switch system (somehow)
2) Send it over to someone at Nintendo

This is information that maaaaaybe someone could give in a forum, so this is why I asked here too along with messaging Nintendo who, in the meantime, replied.

I have my reasons. It has to do with the <NDA stuff here>. lol

All I was asking is whether someone knew of a specific email for general inquiries for the Switch, like [email protected].
To clarify my confusion, I had no idea if, for example, it is:
1) Contact someone from Nintendo, present them you game, then proceed if they agree.
2) Export the game to the Switch system
Or
1) Have the game ready for the Switch system (somehow)
2) Send it over to someone at Nintendo

This is information that maaaaaybe someone could give in a forum, so this is why I asked here too along with messaging Nintendo who, in the meantime, replied.
Yeah, the <NDA Stuff> is why I'm wondering why you're not asking on the Nintendo forums, where you're allowed to talk about <NDA Stuff>, haha. :p

I'm sure this question has been asked and answered on those forums fifty times, right? I don't think what you learn there is supposed to be made public here.

You got a response from Nintendo though, which is good. What email address did you send a message to? =D

Last edited: