• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Opinion nintendo fails and nintendo wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Misty

Ok so i played smash bros wii u for the first time. what a fail. intro movie was lame. each scene lasted only for 1 second, could not even feel the glory. played with my dad, dad sucked. So i went to play story mode, no story mode. why nintendo y u do dis.

So i say, no bother. I will play online since noone in real life to play with who is as good as me. online it says the glory. So i figure i am on the right track. i play the glory and there is no glory, only lag. I lose and lose and lose. the game has more lag than a game maker game. the lag is as bad as brawl even worse. what a let down total dissapointment. the lag is so bad it freezes the game over and over. its uber lame. nintendo y u do dis. y a multi-billion dollar corporation cannot hire one man to do a decent net code. there are 7 billion people in the world but cannot find One person who knows net code.

Then i play sonic and mario olympic games. it was good. it was the first soccer game i ever played that i actually enjoyed playing. however it was missing a kart racing mode. but it had many other modes, like volleyball. so i say it was a win, because it was way better than the first sonic and mario at olypmic games.

then i played super mario kart. it is a fail and win, graphics are good but physics are bad. i dont want anyone to complain about my physics of my game jam. I made my game jam game in 1 day. and my physics are super better than super mario kart. so its not fair that people whine about my physics but praise super mario kart, which physics are the worst.

then i have mario kart 3ds for wii u. Which is a fail because no online or splitscreen. nintendo so lazy. Nintendo used to be the company that put their all into games but now they are billionairres and got demotivated and lazy.

fail #5 mario kart 8. not only do the physics suck but here is the worst part. worst part is that Mario kart 8 is for the switch and wii u. meaning nintendo so fat and lazy they did not even make a new mario kart for the switch. how lame is that. mega fail but nobody even complains. Fine u are unobservant to the point of not noticing the flaws in mario kart 8. i can forgive. but what i cannot forgive is the lack of complaining about how nintendo resold the same game, for switch, and was too lazy to make a new mario kart 8. people need to complain, hurts that they do not stand up for gaming. people are too lilly livered, its this generation of selfies and ipods, noone wants to be a hero and complain about things on the internet anymore.

super mario karts physics are the worst. My jam game can be found in the jam topic.
Alright, played it. Actually had some fun, too!

Super Mario Kart's physics are way better, though. That's not surprising, since we're comparing a one day GMC jam game to one of the most famous games from one of the best developers in the world though, hahah!

M

Misty

Alright, played it. Actually had some fun, too!

Super Mario Kart's physics are way better, though. That's not surprising, since we're comparing a one day GMC jam game to one of the most famous games from one of the best developers in the world though, hahah!
Lol. What part of no traction and sliding off the road sold you on the game?

Maybe, its that the physics reminds you of playing on one of these as a kid? And its a nostalgia?

Anyway, thanks for the positive review.

Lol. What part of no traction and sliding off the road sold you on the game?

Maybe, its that the physics reminds you of playing on one of these as a kid? And its a nostalgia?
What? Your game's physics were just as slippery, and the truck felt like it weighed five tons more than it should've to boot, lol. Sorry, Misty. :p
Go ahead and start a topic. "How good are my game's physic compared to Super Mario Kart's?" Put it to a vote, and see what people say.

This is the thing about videogames anyway, though: games are supposed to be fun, not necessarily realistic. That's why Mario Kart's physics would be better than yours, even if yours were realistic (they're not).

Do you complain that Mario can jump fifteen feet into the air, too? How do you think that's fun? Does it remind you of jumping on a trampoline as a kid or something?
Also, there's plenty of traction in Super Mario Kart, and I never slid off the road. Once again, I think you're just bad at the game, so you automatically dislike it, lol. Look at this video here:

He's having no trouble, and it looks like he's got plenty of traction to work with. :p

And no problem with the positive review. Your game was surprisingly good for a jam game. I actually had fun with it, hahah! The physics weren't amazing to me, but I still thought they were satisfying, and had a good time going around corners. =)

M

Misty

Im terrible at the game yet can handle racing f1 racers in racing simulators without crashing.
in real life go karts i can win. but i cannot win in a frickin super mario kart.

maybe its not me but the game. because it has no traction.

and its not about the realism. its just no fun to constantly take 90 degree turns hitting grass and walls over and over and having cars that handle like a drunken boat.

also, my game is top down, meaning it has a disadvantage. Physics of top down race games are harder to control than 3d. If it had a 3d perspective it would be easier to drive.

and its not about the realism. its just no fun to constantly take 90 degree turns hitting grass and walls over and over and having cars that handle like a boat.
::shrug:: I didn't have that problem with it. Neither did the millions of other people who grew up loving Mario Kart, I'd imagine. The guy in the video is doing fine, too. I don't know what to tell you, hahah!

Yeah, I thought your game was at a disadvantage for being top-down at first too, and wanted to see it in 3D, but after I played for a few minutes and got used to it, it didn't really matter anymore. I turned around corners and everything just fine, so I basically understood the game's physics.

M

Misty

::shrug:: I didn't have that problem with it. Neither did the millions of other people who grew up loving Mario Kart, I'd imagine. The guy in the video is doing fine, too. I don't know what to tell you, hahah!
Also, wtf. I am watching the video, and he has traction. it doesnt look like the same physics as when I play.

I have the Wii U version and I play on 100cc.

Also, wtf. I am watching the video, and he has traction. it doesnt look like the same physics as when I play.

I have the Wii U version and I play on 100cc.
lollllll Mistyyyyyyyyyyy
You just need more practice! X'D

Did you play through it at 50cc at first to get used to it? For the first hour I played, I was the same as you thinking "wow, these physics are really slippery....", but after I beat a cup at 50cc, I started thinking "hey, these are actually really fun when you get used to them...." and then I tried 100cc, and did great almost right away. Then I was like "oh wow, these physics are actually REALLY fun once you get used to them!"

You have to give games a chance, so you can learn them and see what makes them fun. For the first five minutes I played your truck game, I was like "is Misty kidding? These physics are trash, lol! This game sucks!" But after five minutes of playing, I got used to the physics and started thinking "ahhhh, okay. I see what he's doing. This is actually pretty good!"

Physics in games are never realistic, unless you're playing a hardcore simulator. Even then, they feel fake to me. You have to get used to a game's physics before you'll understand if it's fun or not. If you can get first or second place on a 100cc on all the cups in Super Mario Kart, and still think "these physics suck," then I'll respect your opinion, because it means you understand the game and just don't think it's good. If you're still having trouble staying on the road, you can't appreciate the game yet. It's a great game. You should give it more of a chance! I play like the guy in the video now, and the game is super fun to me, hahah!

If your kart starts to slide, just let go of the gas for half a second, and it usually helps a lot. I'd start with 50cc before doing 100cc, though. You also have a brake button, even though it might not be super obvious, since there are no lights on the karts.

Last edited:
A

Alessio

I have to be honest, i don't feel Super Mario Kart and similar Mode7 games aged so well.

M

Misty

lollllll Mistyyyyyyyyyyy
You just need more practice! X'D

Did you play through it at 50cc at first to get used to it? For the first hour I played, I was the same as you thinking "wow, these physics are really slippery....", but after I beat a cup at 50cc, I started thinking "hey, these are actually really fun when you get used to them...." and then I tried 100cc, and did great almost right away. Then I was like "oh wow, these physics are actually REALLY fun once you get used to them!"

You have to give games a chance, so you can learn them and see what makes them fun. For the first five minutes I played your truck game, I was like "is Misty kidding? These physics are trash, lol! This game sucks!" But after five minutes of playing, I got used to the physics and started thinking "ahhhh, okay. I see what he's doing. This is actually pretty good!"

Physics in games are never realistic, unless you're playing a hardcore simulator. Even then, they feel fake to me. You have to get used to a game's physics before you'll understand if it's fun or not. If you can get first or second place on a 100cc on all the cups in Super Mario Kart, and still think "these physics suck," then I'll respect your opinion, because it means you understand the game and just don't think it's good. If you're still having trouble staying on the road, you can't appreciate the game yet. It's a great game. You should give it more of a chance! I play like the guy in the video now, and the game is super fun to me, hahah!

If your kart starts to slide, just let go of the gas for half a second, and it usually helps a lot. I'd start with 50cc before doing 100cc, though. You also have a brake button, even though it might not be super obvious, since there are no lights on the karts.
Yeah but the difference is, it took you 5 minutes to learn my physics, but an hour to learn the physics of Super Mario Kart.

Also, in the video you showed, it seems like a different version of the game, it looks like the kart actually grips the road, but in my version it doesn't grip at all.

hardcore simulator.
Hardcore simulators do feel fake, but I do not know why. They claim it is due to input lag, but I believe it is something worse. I simply think their maths are wrong and do not produce accurate car behavior.

The other thing that is bad about Super Mario Kart is, the walls are flat so you cannot see them coming, which is irritating.

I have to be honest, i don't feel Super Mario Kart and similar Mode7 games aged so well.
I have to be honest, I thought F-Zero was better than Super Mario Kart, and I liked the new graphics of F-Zero GX much more, but it was too fast paced. I wish they kept the slow pace of the original instead of making it too fast like GX.

Yeah but the difference is, it took you 5 minutes to learn my physics, but an hour to learn the physics of Super Mario Kart.
That's how simple your game was, yeah. That's not a good thing in your game's case! A racing game I feel I've mastered in five minutes doesn't offer me much reason to keep playing, hahah!

Your version of Super Mario Kart is the same as the one in the video. :p

F-Zero was great too though!

M

Misty

That's how simple your game was, yeah. That's not a good thing in your game's case! A racing game I feel I've mastered in five minutes doesn't offer me much reason to keep playing, hahah!

Your version of Super Mario Kart is the same as the one in the video. :p

F-Zero was great too though!
But it had zombies?

And if it is the same version, why does his kart have more grip?

Your game had zombies, yeah. Mario Kart has boos, though, so I have to give it the win there.

His kart doesn't have more grip. He's just better at playing than you, lol. Start on 50cc like you're supposed to, and you'll have a lot more fun probably.

Last edited:

NazGhuL

NazTaiL
My Nintendo win: Zelda
My Nintendo fail...
That:

I had it. It was the most unsatisfying thing... ever.

Pfap

I feel you it must have been awesome to be a game developer in the early 90's... because things have really not improved "drastically" since then. And by drastically I mean day and night and the mechanics of Mario kart 8 are generally the mechanics of "super Mario kart" from 1992. And if you can't do better with 26 years well... what can I do with a day....

I feel you it must have been awesome to be a game developer in the early 90's... because things have really not improved "drastically" since then. And by drastically I mean day and night and the mechanics of Mario kart 8 are generally the mechanics of "super Mario kart" from 1992. And if you can't do better with 26 years well... what can I do with a day....
I don't really get your post... how does Mario Kart's core (racing karts) being mostly the same still mean that it must've been awesome to be a dev in the early 90s? Do you mean it must've been fun coming up with completely "new" stuff more often, since so many genres are already established nowadays?

Pfap

I don't really get your post... how does Mario Kart's core (racing karts) being mostly the same still mean that it must've been awesome to be a dev in the early 90s? Do you mean it must've been fun coming up with completely "new" stuff more often, since so many genres are already established nowadays?
eh, had a bad day and was just being salty. Things are more accessible today which is good, but it also means that things are more competitive... and Nintendo has (according to Google) a 128 year leg up on the competition lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.