Ninja Training (NEW DEMO AVALIABLE)

T

Tem Matthews

This is a platformer where you play as a ninja who is in training. The game is very unfinished but I would like the community to play it and tell me what they think of it. I don't want to continue to make this game if no one likes it, please tell me if you like the game and what could be improved.

Controls

Z - Throw Shuriken/Attack(When Ninja is on someones back)
X - Climb (Climb only works on sides of walls, tap fast to climb)
Spacebar - Jump
Arrow Keys - Move Left or Right
1 - Change Skin (When you find a floating red skin icon get one skin)
ESC - Exit Game
F1 - Toggle Fullscreen
Currently no save button but I am working on it

UPDATE 1.1
- Normal platforms fixed. They now carry the player
- Added corrupted platforms. They do not carry you.

UPDATE 1.2
- Graphics have improved (images in on post haven't been updated)
- Gameplay is smooth and less annoying
- Game starts in full screen use F1 to toggle
- AI are somewhat smarter
- More levels added to the demo (Some of the Forest Dungeon, Sand Dungeon and City levels are available to try)
- Dynamic Camera added for more intense gameplay

Tips and Tricks for the Ninja Training

- You can climb on the side of moving platforms
- Corrupted platforms have purple crosses on them
- Normal platforms look normal..
- One skin is hidden throughout each level except for boss battles

Please report any bugs/glitches. Please screenshot or record these bugs/glitches if you can. Thank you!

Download Link

http://www.mediafire.com/file/a8jtxgc1q46n8sv/Ninja_Training_DEMO.zip

Images
upload_2016-6-22_9-5-35.png

upload_2016-6-22_9-6-11.png

upload_2016-6-22_9-6-50.png

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rui.rosario

Just played it for about two minutes (just wanted to get a first impression on it).

It seems nice so far, since it is early in development I expected it to be lacking in music/sound effects but the graphics are somewhat consistent (even if they are only temporary graphics).

I did find some problems you might consider correcting:
  • If I jump on a moving platform, the character just remains in place, when one would expect the character to be carried by the moving block (it would be a nice feature to add);
  • Concerning moving blocks, if you happen to fall in front of one when it is moving and collide with it two bugs happen: 1st the block will change direction by hitting and second if you're walking towards the block the character will move through it.
It's late night right now, so I don't have the patience to try it further, but I'll give it a more thorough go tomorrow and tell you what I think of it in more detail.

E

Emperor88

Tested this game during development. Thanks for letting me have the enjoyment of seeing this game grow into something amazing! Hope it continues be updated and refined. Emperor88~

KurtBlissZ

Really fun, though it don't make sense that you have to run on the moving blocks I like having to time that while running on them. It makes me feel like a ninja.

Edit: I just found a bug; if you hit under the spikes you die.Don't ask where I was trying to go...
https://snag.gy/h4VQqf.jpg

Last edited:
T

Tem Matthews

Really fun, though it don't make sense that you have to run on the moving blocks I like having to time that while running on them. It makes me feel like a ninja.

Edit: I just found a bug; if you hit under the spikes you die.Don't ask where I was trying to go...
https://snag.gy/h4VQqf.jpg
Thanks for playing my game and finding that bug. Much appreciated

T

Tem Matthews

Just played it for about two minutes (just wanted to get a first impression on it).

It seems nice so far, since it is early in development I expected it to be lacking in music/sound effects but the graphics are somewhat consistent (even if they are only temporary graphics).

I did find some problems you might consider correcting:
  • If I jump on a moving platform, the character just remains in place, when one would expect the character to be carried by the moving block (it would be a nice feature to add);
  • Concerning moving blocks, if you happen to fall in front of one when it is moving and collide with it two bugs happen: 1st the block will change direction by hitting and second if you're walking towards the block the character will move through it.
It's late night right now, so I don't have the patience to try it further, but I'll give it a more thorough go tomorrow and tell you what I think of it in more detail.
Thanks for playing my game and giving me feedback! I agree I need to make the player move with the moving platforms. Also I will try and fix the sideway collisions with the player and the moving platform.