• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Free Ninja Edge (First Game)

T

The_Awesome_Rookie

What up!

This is my first game created out of sheer luck. This is my first game made and published so please check it out. If you do, I'll send you memes.

Description

Ninja Edge is a local multiplayer competitive platformer based around a sci-fi setting. Fight your friends in interactive environments and weapons to your disposal.

This game was brought to you by the one and only; Awesome Rookie

NOTE!
When playing DO NOT SPAM the sword. It acts as a melee and there is limited usage; use wisely. The sword act as a double damage.

Contact me Here for any questions or feedback:

[email protected]

Download game Here:

https://awesome-rookie.itch.io/ninja-edge-
http://gamejolt.com/@Awesome_Rookie

View the Trailer Here:

I would appreciate feedback, as I would want to improve or new ideas to implement in the future.

Arigato

The Awesome Rookie

K

KaiXtr

Looks Very Cool,And the Graphics too,But I think you need improve this HUD and make the Ninjas animations better. Maybe this is only the trailer music,but Rock don't combine with Ninjas...:)

T

The_Awesome_Rookie

Thank you for your feedback. The rock music was to basically convey the feel of 'edge' but I understand where you're coming from.

Reactions: Smw
D

DyingSilence

The game has not so bad graphics, and nice music. The controls are super weird, but that's not an issue. The real issue are the incredibly inaccurate hitboxes, and little feedback. Screens just flow, with no explanation. Hitboxes are easilly fixed by modifying collision masks in sprite editor.
Overally it must have been a great excercise material!
What i'd also fix is making maps symetrical, because as for now, some things are quite off.

T

The_Awesome_Rookie

I totally agree with the inaccurate hitboxes. Thanks for the tips for the improvement, I really appreciate it

S

SpicyCrab

How far are you planning to go with this project? Looking at it, no offense but I would caution you about investing too much time or money in to it. It looks fine, don't get me wrong... but I think you may be better off starting fresh on a new project once you are done getting this one to a nicely playable state.

By the way, are you using finite state machines?

T

The_Awesome_Rookie

I don't think I'm planning to invest any more time as it was for a uni assignment. I don't think I'm using finite state machines.

Thank you for your feedback

T

The_Awesome_Rookie

Hahahah! I had ideas to animate a LOT of things, but due to time constraints I couldn't

Thank you

T

The_Awesome_Rookie

Thank you John and Smw, I really appreciate it :)
I'm currently in Uni working on other projects so I cannot further improve. Maybe in the near future I might