• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Next GMS 2 Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fern

Currently have a game due for release in a few weeks. With the current text issues plaguing the GMS 2, it is kind of disappointing to push builds. Obviously this isn't game breaking but it does look horrible. Any word from YYG with an ETA on the next update?

A

Alarikun

Currently have a game due for release in a few weeks. With the current text issues plaguing the GMS 2, it is kind of disappointing to push builds. Obviously this isn't game breaking but it does look horrible. Any word from YYG with an ETA on the next update?
Not claiming to know when the next update is but... GMS2 is in Beta; it's not really meant for making and releasing commercial games yet. At least, as far as I know it's not. I wouldn't expect them to patch it in the immediate; they're more likely to be working on larger bulk updates, rather than hotfixes.

Fern

Well of course and worse case scenario I put out a build with text that looks like wet make up and discombobulated alignment. Looks worse on them than me. I'm asking because I want my product to look good. And I'm more than willing to wait an extra day for release if that is needed to have beautiful text. I've been using Game Maker for quite a while now. I know their updates are spotty at times but I'm asking in hopes that it is relatively soon.

ShaunJS

Just Another Dev
GMC Elder
I can't give you any dates at the moment unfortunately. Not sure what your specific issue is but we're working through tons of bugs daily at the moment. I assume your issues have been reported through yoyogames.com/bug2?

Fern

I can't give you any dates at the moment unfortunately. Not sure what your specific issue is but we're working through tons of bugs daily at the moment. I assume your issues have been reported through yoyogames.com/bug2?
I didn't report the issue as Jobo was already aware of it and actually is the one that saved me hours of frustration by pointing out that the text issue wasn't due to my code.

Mate, we warned you about this the moment you downloaded GMS2 (beta) on the day of its release and announced on your status updates you were porting your game due for imminent release over to it. You were happy to throw caution to the wind and live with the consequences.

Sounds harsh, but you have absolutely no recourse whatsoever for the path you chose to take.

Q1 (the well advertised intended release schedule) still has two months left to go.

You really bought this on yourself, sorry to say it.

(Refer to your status update Dec 11 2016)
You are referring to the post where I switched to GMS 1.99.425 for the first EA release of my game. It was actually very stable aside from Spine issues which were fixed in 1.99.525 but then 525 brought a crash on exit. I switched to GMS 2 because it is more stable. Everything works fine. There is just a text issue. I don't know why everyone is flipping out on this thread. It isn't 'broken'. There is just a text alignment issue and the text itself is drawn in a yucky fashion. We've already pushed it in public builds and not a single customer noticed it. I made this thread literally just to ask YYG if they had a date. Relax people.

Please for the love of video games, relax.

gnysek

In fact, there was 5 releases, but only 3 of them were real updates, as first one was first release (so it wasn't a update for most of folks), and two were hotfixes 2-3 days after previous one.

It would be nice to have weekly EAP builds in fact, during beta period, but since it's less than two months left - probably isn't worth to make such a thing :)

Also - for example Unity have patches every 2-3 days.

Geoff Jones

upload_2017-2-10_23-49-36.png

Do you mean this? text being drawn ugly (above)? I find the same issue as well, but the text that is drawn using sprite font (below) draws perfectly.
upload_2017-2-10_23-51-7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.