Next GMS 2 Sale ?

Discussion in 'Community Chat' started by Xer0botXer0, Jan 14, 2020 at 4:32 PM.

1. Xer0botXer0

Xer0botXer0 Member

Hi guys,

When can we expect a GMS 2 sale again ?

I'd really like to get back into GMS with the new interface and all, it'll feel fresh.
    Not knowing whether or not I'll ever finish a game, I don't want to spend more than say $40 on any software.

2. FlameRooster

FlameRooster Member

The only time I would imagine GMS2 being at $40 or lower would be when GMS3 is right around the corner.

I would just buy GMS2 now at the current price.

3. O.Stogden

O.Stogden Member

I don't think YYG ever announce sales prior, but you could look back over historic sales and see if there's any correlation.

Sales usually correspond to a season or holiday. Steam and Humble Store can run their own sales too around these times.

But as FlameRooster said, the desktop license is unlikely to go that low for a while yet.

4. TsukaYuriko

TsukaYuriko Q&A Spawn Camper Forum Staff Moderator

Those who don't know when sales happen can't tell you, and those who do know won't tell you. :)

If you're looking to spend less than $40, I can recommend getting a Creator license - which happen to be priced at just under $40 - and seeing how it goes. After a year, if you're still working on the project, as a Creator license owner, you get an upgrade discount to the Desktop export module so you don't have to pay the full price of it again after already having purchased a Creator license.