Team Request Newgrounds.io API Integration (GMS 1.4)

I

Irving Decarlo

Hello;

As I was willing to publish my project to Newgrounds, I noticed that there were no Newgrounds API Integrations for Game Maker Studio (1.4), unlike Kongregate. So I've devised my own integration, and I am willing to share it with the community.

Note that the API Integration is incomplete. Only medal and score posting are working, while the other elements were not yet integrated. So if you wish to contribute to it, feel free to do so.

You can access the GitHub repository here: https://github.com/IrvingDecarlo/GMS_newgroundsAPI

If you wish to contribute, please use the "wip" branch.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Franuka

EDIT: Nevermind, I managed to make it work. I had to change to the v3 API on newgrounds, and add the medals ID as a number, for example: ngMedalUnlock(60584);
Thanks so much for this extension!

---

Hello! Sorry for reviving this.
Do you know if it still works? I'm using GM 1.4.9 and following the instructions but I can't unlock the medals on newgrounds...

I added the newgroundsio.js file to an extension and then added the GM api extension.
I'm using ngInit() on the creation event of my room, and then ngMedalUnlock wherever I want to unlock a medal.

Last edited by a moderator: