• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Newbie Question about Licenses

Slyzappy1

Hi there,
I'm very new to this engine and was wondering about what version to buy. Would I be able to buy a windows creator version for $39, then when i've finished my game in a year or so go back and buy a console license to test and export it to a console?

Sorry if this is a very beginner question, but I just don't want to spend all this time working on a cheap licence only for it to bite me later on.

H

Homunculus

You can buy licenses at any time, no worries. I have to warn you though, unfortunately, porting the game to another platform it's generally not as seamless as you may think, platforms have major and minor differences, and generally require testing the game during the development for every platform you are planning to release the game for. Doing so at the end, depending on the scale of your project, is definitely feasible but not ideal if you know in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: