• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Newbie question about GML limitations.

M

Montigor

Hello! I am new to GameMaker Studio 2 and have a stupid question, but very important to me. I did a research but now i have more questions than answers.
So the questions are
What are the Gamemaker limitations in 2D?
What 2D game mechanics GameMaker and GML will not allow you to do?
What size of game you can make with it?
It may sound stupid, but is it possible to make a game like Stardew valley or Dead Cells using GMS2 with GML?

Thank you very much for attention.

GMWolf

aka fel666
What are the Gamemaker limitations in 2D?
Essentially same as with DirectX, OpenGL. (Minus a couple features, not that they matter in 2d).
What 2D game mechanics GameMaker and GML will not allow you to do?
You can do pretty much anything, depends on you coding ability.
What size of game you can make with it?
Size? Define size. (probably bigger that you can make)
It may sound stupid, but is it possible to make a game like Stardew valley or Dead Cells using GMS2 with GML?
yes