• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows (Newbie) - FAILED: Run Program Complete

M

myemanisbob

Hi! I'm new to Gamemaker so this is probably something super simple and dumb. I'm following a basic platformer tutorial and trying to run my game to test my first lines of code (just dealing with left and right keys).

Under my events, I have
Create:
Code:
hsp = 0;
vsp = 0;
grv = 0.1;
walksp = 4;
Step:
Code:
key_left = keyboard_check(vk_left);
key_right = keyboard_check(vk_right);
key_jump = keyboard_check_pressed(vk_space)
var move = key_right - key_left;
hsp = move * walksp;
x = x + hsp;
When I go to try and test this, I am given this message:
"cmd" /c subst Z: "C:\Users\628356\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE"
elapsed time 00:00:00.0581470s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: "C:\Users\628356\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE" started at 04/19/2019 21:18:29
"cmd" /c subst Y: "C:\Users\628356\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP"
elapsed time 00:00:00.0446174s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: "C:\Users\628356\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP" started at 04/19/2019 21:18:29
"cmd" /c subst X: "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.2.2.326"
elapsed time 00:00:00.0486292s for command "cmd" /c subst X: "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.2.2.326" started at 04/19/2019 21:18:29
Saving project to: C:\Users\628356\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\platformer\platformer.yyp
"C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.2.2.326/bin/Igor.exe" -j=8 -options="C:\Users\628356\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -- Windows Run
"cmd" /c subst Z: /d
elapsed time 00:00:00.0471223s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: /d started at 04/19/2019 21:18:29
"cmd" /c subst Y: /d
elapsed time 00:00:00.0471261s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: /d started at 04/19/2019 21:18:29
"cmd" /c subst X: /d
elapsed time 00:00:00.0501339s for command "cmd" /c subst X: /d started at 04/19/2019 21:18:29
FAILED: Run Program Complete

I cannot for the life of me find the problem in that huge mess. I have tried running the program on both my workspace and the "room0" tab and the only thing I get is this mess in my output. Am I doing something wrong? Is it a problem with my code (I'm aware of various syntax errors, like vsp only being referenced once, but it won't run even if I take these lines out). Is there something I don't have installed?[/code]

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that everything that is in your compile window? It looks a bit short on all of the compilation stuff (you normally get a load of other things above the bits you have shown). Can you copy everything from the compile window to show us as usually you will see that there is an "Error" somewhere further up the information when the build has FAILED at the end.

Can you also use code tags when posting code and compile info so that we can read it better?

M

myemanisbob

Is that everything that is in your compile window? It looks a bit short on all of the compilation stuff (you normally get a load of other things above the bits you have shown). Can you copy everything from the compile window to show us as usually you will see that there is an "Error" somewhere further up the information when the build has FAILED at the end.

Can you also use code tags when posting code and compile info so that we can read it better?
That's actually from my OUTPUT menu. When I go to Compile Errors, it gives me this message:
There are no compile errors to show!
My OUTPUT menu only gives me the stuff I posted above.

And I'm sorry, but I'm not quite sure how to do that, I'll look it up while I wait. Thank you for your help
EDIT: Used your link, thanks

Last edited by a moderator: