• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Game Mechanics New to GM. Have some questions.

H

HickChickGames

Hello GMers. I am looking for a replacement for my previous Adventure Game building tool, AdventureMaker. I loved AM because it allowed a lot of freedom with building your own plugins and Coding. It was also very easy to use. I love first-person view for my games. I also use Moho 12 to build animations. I have some games in progress I want to rebuild in a new Adventure Game engine. What I don't know is if it can be done with GM.

Are there any good example of first-person games built with GM?

Thanks for any feedback.

Rob

Here are a few examples I found:

Personally, making an adventure game in the classic style would be easier (like a point and click) but I've never attempted 3D.

I don't know if you can import files made with Moho 12, this is actually the first time I've heard of it, mostly people use Spine (which you can import, I believe).

You can also code your own plugins if needed.

My answer is a bit wishy-washy so hopefully, somebody more knowledgeable comes along!

could be done a lot easier with static photos as backgrounds and interactive objects placed around the rooms.

Last edited: