• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion New to game maker (and everything) first impression.

C

Conley

Hello community,

I only have experience with Microsoft visual basic and used to draw characters resembling link to the past in paint when i was very young. I found going through the tutorials extremely easy and the user interface well thought out. So being someone who has NO IDEA about creating video games i found this very fun and can't wait until release. There is so much info about game maker 1.x hopefully i can still apply that knowledge to game maker 2.

xot

GMLscripter
GMC Elder
Thanks for the feedback and welcome to the community. I think you will find a great many things you learn about GameMaker: Studio 1.x can be applied to version 2.