• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

New MacBook transfer?

Toque

The bad news is my 2012 MacBook air doesn't really work anymore. The good news is a new MacBook air has just arrived.

I've never transferred to a new mac before? I have time machine and super duper back ups already.
Do I just use the migration assistant to transfer to my new MacBook from time machine? All keys and everything will be fine for the new MacBook? Gamemaker will keep working?

Thought I would ask before I do it.

thanks

I've used Time Machine to backup my Mac, do a fresh install of the OS, then restore my data using Migration Assistant, which is basically the same thing.

As far as I remember, everything was restored successfully, including things like Wifi passwords, keys etc...

Toque

I've used Time Machine to backup my Mac, do a fresh install of the OS, then restore my data using Migration Assistant, which is basically the same thing.

As far as I remember, everything was restored successfully, including things like Wifi passwords, keys etc...
Sounds good.
Will transfer today. Thanks