• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Demo New game looking for feedback/help

J

JealousOfCrows

So I tried giving this a go and here are my thoughts. I got to level 2 to just get a taste

-when holding the move key and going into a new area you stop moving and need release they key before you can continue moving
-the art styles are very conflicting, from retro pixel, to realistic explosions, to what looks like a real google maps image and clouds, this prevents a total immersion and scream amateur, id consider making it consistent
- the music was decent and sound effects were almost all there which is nice
-combat seems pretty basic and some timing and move sets of enemies seem to be on the "cheating" level... one turret specifically
-controls are odd and you should be able to access them from in game
-difficulty curve seems to jump big time on level 2

I mean you have yourself a game, the mechanics of which are quite simple and the art style is all over the place, but it is a game. I would suggest giving this a bit more polish and make consistent the artwork but that is just me and I have never actually completed an entire game.