New Game and continue

Z

Zeathus

Hi! I'm a begginer in GML and I'm making a simple platformer and I want to make a save & load with a New Game and Continue but I don't know how can someone help?

obscene

There are quite a bit of YouTube tutorials on it. Search for GM Studio save to ini file. Basically you're just going to write a bunch of variables into a text file and read them back out later.

Reactions: KPJ
A

Aleksander

Well... this is my code for new game
I just go to new room from main menu

if room_exists(room_next(room)) room_goto_next();

I dont know how to do continue yet

KPJ

For the new game, just add this code whenever the player clicks/presses New Game:
room_goto(and here put the room index of level 1)
Here is a very helpful and short tutorial for Continue by Shaun Spalding (Works for both GMS2 and GMS). Like obscene said, I think the basic idea is to save the room name in a text file, then when the player presses "Continue", it reads the text file and goes to the room you left of on:

Z

Zeathus

For the new game, just add this code whenever the player clicks/presses New Game:
room_goto(and here put the room index of level 1)
Here is a very helpful and short tutorial for Continue by Shaun Spalding (Works for both GMS2 and GMS). Like obscene said, I think the basic idea is to save the room name in a text file, then when the player presses "Continue", it reads the text file and goes to the room you left of on:
I'm gonna see if it helps but thx everybody!:D