• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS New Error - Uploading to Apple

clee2005

Updated an app on Thursday last week and it was fine. Uploaded a new update this morning and got this error :

ERROR ITMS-90096: "Your binary is not optimized for iPhone 5 - New iPhone apps and app updates submitted must support the 4-inch display on iPhone 5 and must include a launch image referenced in the Info.plist under UILaunchImages with a UILaunchImageSize value set to {320, 568}. Launch images must be PNG files and located at the top-level of your bundle, or provided within each .lproj folder if you localize your launch images. Learn more about iPhone 5 support and app launch images by reviewing the 'iOS Human Interface Guidelines' at https://developer.apple.com/ios/human-interface-guidelines/graphics/launch-screen."

Nothing has changed regarding the images within the project. I believe it's a new policy change from Apple?

I have used the Generate Project Images option under Tools to generate the Project images.

Last edited:

rIKmAN

Updated an app on Thursday last week and it was fine. Uploaded a new update this morning and got this error :

ERROR ITMS-90096: "Your binary is not optimized for iPhone 5 - New iPhone apps and app updates submitted must support the 4-inch display on iPhone 5 and must include a launch image referenced in the Info.plist under UILaunchImages with a UILaunchImageSize value set to {320, 568}. Launch images must be PNG files and located at the top-level of your bundle, or provided within each .lproj folder if you localize your launch images. Learn more about iPhone 5 support and app launch images by reviewing the 'iOS Human Interface Guidelines' at https://developer.apple.com/ios/human-interface-guidelines/graphics/launch-screen."

Nothing has changed regarding the images within the project. I believe it's a new policy change from Apple?

I have used the Generate Project Images option under Tools to generate the Project images.
Add the image in xCode yourself manually.
If it is a policy change by Apple it will be a while before GMS gets updated to adhere to it so exporting and manually using xCode will be the quickest way for you to get around it.

clee2005

@rlKmAN thanks, yes that's what I ended up doing. Will not be fun doing this on each build though. I'll log it to support.

Chris

clee2005

Sorry for the useless post. I regenerated with the Image Generation tool and it's all fine now. (hangs head in shame)