• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

OFFICIAL New Community Manager Here at YoYo Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lee Chisholm

Hello!

My name is Lee and I’d like to introduce myself as the new Community Manager here at YoYo Games.

I’ve been a member of the team for almost a week now and so far I’m loving it. I’m slowly being introduced to all the different platforms and systems and I’ve also been replying to some of your comments and queries throughout our social platforms - Facebook and Twitter.

So far, I must say the staff at YoYo Games have been brilliant. They’ve been welcoming, friendly and extremely supportive in what is a new and exciting venture for me.

I’d say I’m relatively new to GameMaker Studio but with such a strong team alongside me, I’ll be up to speed in no time and will be able to help with any query, issue or insight that you (the community!) may have.

Anyways, I’d just like to say a quick hello and if you want to get in touch, ask any questions about myself, YoYo Games, GameMaker Studio or even if you just want to say a quick hello, you can reach me either on our Facebook, Twitter or through a helpdesk ticket.

Hopefully hear from you guys soon.

Cheers,

Lee

Overloaded

The Oneirophobe
Welcome Lee and nice to meet you! Serve us well or we'll rebel against you :potato:
Jokes aside, I hope that you'll have a fun time with our community and I wish you good luck in your new job :)

Z

zendraw

what are you actually gona do as a community manager? whats ur job overall.

i dont get this communitymanager thing

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
what are you actually gona do as a community manager? whats ur job overall.
He'll manage the community. That's why he's the community manager. :)

Seriously though, Lee's job is to manage all media contacts with the entire GMS community (which doesn't mean just the forums, but Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, as well as deal with showcases, promotions, product communication, etc...). It's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it.

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Welcome! Just don't spill strawberry milkshakes on the GMC servers and everything should turn out just fine~

Is there a reason Lee has a generic Yoyogames avatar on Twitter, by the way? Doesn't exactly scream "I AM A COMPLETELY NEW PERSON IN THIS ROLE AND HAVE MY OWN PERSONALITY DIFFERENT FROM THE PREVIOUS PERSON IN THIS ROLE" in my opinion... :p

M

Morne

Welcome, you going to have a blast! Just organise a lot of parties

Welcome! Just don't spill strawberry milkshakes on the GMC servers and everything should turn out just fine~
I don't know. That might be really awesome.

Maybe, the strawberry milkshakes would spread their amazing development and art skillz and we'd all release hit indie games over the next few months.

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
I don't know. That might be really awesome.

Maybe, the strawberry milkshakes would spread their amazing development and art skillz and we'd all release hit indie games over the next few months.
More like, if we didn't have social media to distract us we'd pour all the time and energy into making games instead? :p

More like, if we didn't have social media to distract us we'd pour all the time and energy into making games instead? :p
Exactly. But I didn't want to say it out loud. That makes it sound like a really good idea, and I don't want that!

L

Lee Chisholm

Welcome Lee and nice to meet you! Serve us well or we'll rebel against you :potato:
Jokes aside, I hope that you'll have a fun time with our community and I wish you good luck in your new job :)
We don't want this...I'd be out a job if there was no social media :)

Regardless, guys, thank you very much for all the kind messages (and warnings!). Things are a little manic here with the Humble Bundle going live the other day so this is just a quick hello before I get sucked back into all that :) so Hello!

F

factnfiction101

Hello Lee, I'm glad there is another Humble Indie Bundle. It's really awesome of you guys to do this again :) Brings back old days when GM was in the 5.3 stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.