• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - Code new app to open ms-gaming overlay??

J

jadefalco

Hi,

I'm trying to run my first game and when I do, it says, "You'll need a new app to open this ms-gaming overlay," but it does show me a picture of what I've made behind the pop-up.

I'm running Windows 10.

Any thoughts?

J

jadefalco

Sorry, when I hit run, my game pops up like in the picture, but there is always a pop up over that that says, "You'll need a new app to open this ms-gaming overlay." It is just a white pop-up with nothing on it but those words and an OK button. When I click out of it, it disappears.upload_2019-1-14_12-39-42.png

Attachments

That's looks like a windows error message rather than a game maker one.

If you type that exact error message into a search engine you will get some links of other people who had the same problem that suggest how to fix it.

G

gecko938

Yes, it is a Windows 10 message, related to the "Game Bar" settings for recording clips, etc. This solution (from MS forums) worked for me:

Go to Settings > Gaming > Game Bar. Then turn off "record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar".