• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

SOLVED (never mind I'm a dummy XD)Camera deviates for obscure reasons

F

Faexie

Edit: Nevermind, the camera was just hitting the limit of the room and I'm just a dum dum

Something really weird is happening... I made a world where the player moves around an orbit (to make it a bit like mario galaxy but as a 2d sidescroller) and it's working pretty good so far.

I made it so that angle (the revolution around the center) is acting as a x axis and the distance (from the point) is acting as a y axis.

For some reason though, starting from angle 28, the player seems to move higher up on the screen, and gets back to normal at angle 62. So I made the game show text to see if it was because the distances were changing, but apparently not. The text tells me that the distance for both the player and the camera remain the same. So I have zero idea what is happening

Here's my project if you want to take a look: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z-MNui9NjdruN5ZPlApVUHm3G1Nzjup3/view?usp=sharing

Last edited by a moderator:

TheouAegis

Post your code, not everyone can open YYP's. If I had to guess, your length is different for the horizontal calculation than for the vertical.