• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM Networking sending arrays

B

babs!

Hey
I’m making a multiplayer top down shooter, and in the game I have many different guns.

Each gun has its name, clip size, ammo in clip, max ammo, current ammo, player sprite when holding the gun, firing speed, damage per bullet, and movement speed.

When a player dies or drops a gun, I want to send the array containing the values as said above so that when a player picks up the gun, it has the same amount of ammo etc.

I’ve been thinking about ideas, but I’m stumped. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Phil Strahl

I don't think you really need the whole array, as I assume the properties of the gun stay the same (name, clip size, max ammo, current ammo, player sprite when holding the gun, firing speed, damage per bullet, and movement speed), as the only variable really is the amount of ammo in the clip, right?