• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Networking send information to client via udp

M

mchl12

Hello everyone,

I was looking through the documentation for network_send_udp and it said that it was used to send buffers to a SERVER, I was wondering how I would go about sending information from a udp server to a udp client and if you can connect (udp) using the network_connect function (which didn't work when I tested it). Thanks in advance!

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
UDP is a connectionless protocol, network_connect() is never used with it. And the last time I checked, network_send_udp() works from server to client just fine as long as the source IP and port are correctly determined (i.e. async_load[? 'ip'] and async_load[? 'port']).

M

mchl12

Thank you very much! I didn't think of using async_load[? "ip"] and tried to use the ip of the server for that again... But I got it working now.