• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GML Networking: Issues receiving packet

L

lukbebalduke

Hey!
I am having some difficulty dealing with networking - sending and receiving packets.

Right now I am stuck with the following problem: whenever I call network_send_packet() the function returns a real positive number (indicating that it has worked correctly ), although, the server is not receiving any package.

I am really confused because I cannot identify a difference between the way I am creating the network and the way the game maker studio demo does that.

Here's the link to my project: https://www.dropbox.com/s/94slsptkuai7llu/SmartNetwork.yyz?dl=0

I am trying to debug the code like this:

obj_client
upload_2018-10-2_14-16-53.png

Verifying that the packet has been sent, and then putting a break point in the server event, but it is not even stopping at that point

obj_server - async network
upload_2018-10-2_14-18-34.png

Does anyone know what is happening?
Thanks in advance

L

lukbebalduke

I am using TCP

EDIT

Problem solved, it was something about checking the message id

upload_2018-10-2_22-32-39.png

Last edited by a moderator: