3D Networking Implementation Help

M

Master Maker

I need help with implementing a networking controller that will automatically cycle through all the objects in a game, through all of their events, and create buffers when needed, then broadcast them to the server, who'll automatically receive them. Basically, I want a networking solution that will automatically adjust whenever I write new code.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
That pipe dream of yours won't ever exist. There are libraries like GMNet Engine that can make it easier, but you still need to tell it what to synchronize.

A lot of novices think multiplayer is something they can just drop into any old project, but anyone with experience in the matter knows it is always planned ahead of time. You need to think about what needs synchronizing, how often and who should have control of what. It is never completely automatic.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
OK, can you help me with that?
No, do it yourself.

The GMC is not a place where you can simply offload your work onto other people. This is an entire project's worth of work and you need to take responsibility for it. Being 15 doesn't mean we'll cut you any slack.

M

Master Maker

I'm meaning help me learn about networking. All of the tutorials I've found just apply it to a specific game instead of telling you how and why it works.

andev

There are loads of people on the GMC that can help you with networking. So what I'd advise you to do is to find any tutorial (like this one), and get as far with it as you can. When you get stuck, or you have a question that the tutorial does not answer, make a topic here about that specific thing.