Discussion Net neutrality gone, what does this mean for the Internet

A

Alex Lyons

We must save Net Neutrality by boycotting the internet!
Share on Facebook to spread awareness!

T

Thunder Lion

With Trump and his lackey, Aniz, have successfully removed net neutrality, giving corporations absolute and undisputed power over the Internet.

What does this mean for you and me? Some predict that the Internet will turn into the Internet of South America, where the internet is divided into sections, like Gaming, Social, and Business, and you aren't allowed to access Gaming websites without paying fees. Possibly, this could mean that only approved websites are listed online, similar to TV channels, where only a handful of websites are browsed in the catalog. What do you think?

83% of Americans voted in favor Net Neutrality, and yet it was removed, so this so-called democracy is not a true system where the people have rights. What do you think? Do you think we have a chance of removing Trump's heavy handed orders? Or must we all submit ourselves as slaves of tyranny, with the majority of our voices being silenced?

Some also worry that removing net neutrality, may also negatively affect and disrupt the growing cryptocurrency industry.

My other question is, has Net Neutrality been immediately removed today, or must they wait a few years to pass the laws?
My major issue with any company that works as a vital medium toward services in this case data, is that they may think they are making a great move financially but will actually begin to see a dive in their services. I do not think consumers are going to be able to stomach these restrictions if they are implemented. We already deal with speed and data caps. These two factors alone give companies the best range of control which would satisfy anyone. I personally think of the state of main stream video games. I notice much of them are starting to flop like COD and Battlefront as compared to prior success. Reason? They are implementing lazy work ideals like over use of microtransactions, not changing enough (or changing too much). I will discontinue all internet services if this becomes an issue. I also feel libraries will be potentially hindered. Im sure they will have acedemic packages for libraries and schools but that simply shows it makes no sense.

My only approvals on this is if it will provide these restricted services at super low prices say $10 a month for 10mbs with some streaming services and email and search. While keeping current "unrestricted" internet at current price points or a bit less.
I pay 75 dollars a month for 25mbt i think this is horrid but admittedly its the cheapest for whats available

F

Forester

I pay 75 dollars a month for 25mbt i think this is horrid
The fact that you are complaining about this is beyond laughable to me. In my area, it is that much for a slightly less than reliable 4mbt line...

T

Thunder Lion

The fact that you are complaining about this is beyond laughable to me. In my area, it is that much for a slightly less than reliable 4mbt line...
Clearly its different in some areas I feel like it should be less. My other point is that I believe its over priced.