Free Nephilim Hunt - Bloodborne meets classic roguelikes!

D

DyingSilence

spr_logo_2.png

Welcome to all, let me introduce you to my new labor of passion.

014.png 011.png 008.png
Story
In the exhausted reality, fearful gods prison a poor human soul in immortality, pitting him again and again against Nephilims - twisted nightmares born of godly slumber. As the gods are unaware, that the mortal's inprisonment is vain, it's completely on his own to break the shackles and put his restless soul in peace.

Gameplay
Nephilim Hunt will be a fast paced roguelike, with simple but deep controls, and vast world full of secrets to explore. Between hectic combat gauntlets based on the likes of Dark Souls or Enter the Gungeon, there will be a big deal of inventory management and other heavy decisions (start an optional boss or nah?) which's outcomes are amplified by permadeath.

What's so exciting about this?
*Random levels, adding much replayability
*Mobile game with controls designed around platform's limitations
*Depth of interaction - for example, you will be able to drink the poisonous potion, throw it at your enemy or cover your weapon with it
*Secrets - I will add many of them, and some will be obscure. One will involve tracking moon phases in real life, one will involve gifting a frail invisible person with treasure...
*Easy to learn but hard to master combat - everything will be done with simple swipes, but skilled player's will be wary of attack patterns, ranges, sweet spots, velocities and more

Where is it?

The very early development build can be found here:
https://lunaticdancer.itch.io/nephilim-hunt

It's fine to download if you want to test the game performance or have a sneak peek, but my bet is, that the final game will taste the best unspoiled by the impression of the unfinished thing. Do as you please

Best regards,
LunaticDancer (known here as DyingSilence)

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Hmm promising idea but might be a bit early to call it an alpha. Unless I did something wrong, you can just change the hero's head appearance and enter an empty dungeon with no enemies, items, or exits with no pathfinding implemented yet. Will love to see where this goes, but not much point in offering an download right now.

D

DyingSilence

Hmm promising idea but might be a bit early to call it an alpha. Unless I did something wrong, you can just change the hero's head appearance and enter an empty dungeon with no enemies, items, or exits with no pathfinding implemented yet. Will love to see where this goes, but not much point in offering an download right now.
The point is to test the performance on the mobile devices, because mine is clearly dated, but yeah, you're right. I think i will call it like "Early Development" or something.
Thanks for pointing this out!

D

DyingSilence

WEAPON UPDATE

007.png

It's been a while, but the game now has a stamina bar, a fully working equipment system, a dagger with four different attack animations, a teleportation rune on every dungeon level and more.

I've had some technicalities to conquer, but now the development should speed up a little.

Planned for the near future:
*A shopkeeper
*The first bossfight (but no regular enemies yet)
*more items
*A tutorial

D

DyingSilence

SHOP UPDATE

This update introduces a huge chunk of the core gameplay:
There's now an item shop, letting you customize your character's build, featuring twelve unique items which alter the way you play, allowing multiple unique playstyles. The game now also features fully functional damage system, meaning you can deplete your health and destroy some dummies.

014.png 011.png 008.png

Also, look at this explosion!

Last edited by a moderator: