• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Released Neon Wars Release 1.0.1. - 2D Arcade shooter (Windows, Android)

John Andrews

Living Enigma
Neon Wars
by John Andrews

A game about wiping out a bunch of neon-colored enemies, vehicles, and bosses!

Pages & Download:
Direct download (version 1.0.1): Click Here!
Android Download (build 8.9): Click Here!
Itch.io: https://john-andrews.itch.io/neon-wars-release
IndieDB: https://www.indiedb.com/games/neon-wars-2d-arcade-shooter

Controls:
ESC - Shop menu
WASD - Movement
Mouse - Aim + Shoot
G - Throwable
R - Special
V - Melee attack
Shift - Switch between weapons

Gameplay:
Defeat as many enemies as possible and level up to unlock weapons & gadgets, with the neon gathered from defeated enemies you can buy stuff at the store pause menu, depending on what difficulty you are playing you'll earn more or less neon from fallen enemies, defeating a boss means an instant push to the next level

Features:
- 7 Bosses, each with their unique mechanics.
- Many enemies to defeat.
- 40 levels, each harder than the last.
- 20 weapons to choose from.
- 3 sets of armor to raise your defense.
- Swords, thrown items, and special abilities to enhance your combat capabilities.
- 6 Upgradable stats to boost your chances at finishing all levels.

Screenshots:
menu.png

Last edited:

Yrbiax

Hey, i tried your game.

neonscore.png

I didnt expect to get far, but somehow i ended up completing it. It was lot of fun :)
It was hard to avoid taking damage when there was so many bullets flying around, but with the amount of health regen it didnt really matter.
Got saved by level up so many times. I loved that explosive rifle at the end.

Maybe sound effects could use some randomness, especially with machineguns listening to same sound repeatedly got annoing.