Android Neon Wars Mobile v8.8 [Arcade endless shooter]

John Andrews

Living Enigma
Neon Wars
by John Andrews

A game about wiping out a bunch of neon-colored enemies, vehicles, and bosses!
Download the APK! <- Click There!
Download the beta! (Outdated PC version) <- Click There!

Controls:

ESC - Shop menu
ARROW KEYS - Move & aim
Z - Fire
X - Throwable
C - Special
V - Melee attack
Shift - Switch between weapons
Ctrl - Switch to stun gun

Gameplay:
Defeat as many enemies as possible and level up to unlock weapons & gadgets, with the neon gathered from defeated enemies you can buy stuff at the store pause menu, depending on what difficulty you are playing you'll earn more or less neon from fallen enemies, defeating a boss means an instant push to the next level

Features:
- 7 Bosses, each with their unique mechanics.
- Many enemies to defeat.
- 40 levels, each harder than the last.
- 20 weapons to choose from.
- 3 sets of armor to protect you.
- Swords, thrown items, and special abilities to enhance your combat capabilities.
- 6 Upgradable stats to boost your chances at finishing all levels.

Actual Features:
-2 Tiers of enemies, each one with it's strengths and weaknesses
--more than 20 enemies
-7 Unique bosses
-27 weapons with their own characteristics
-5 difficulties with their own unlocks!
-more than 90 achievements
-3 melee weapons
-7 thrownables
-7 special abilities
-3 sets of armors & helmets
-Upgrades:
--Attack
--Defense
--Agility
--Speed
--Energy
--HP

IndieDB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/neon-wars

Screenshots!:

In developement since April 17th 2017

Last edited:

John Andrews

Living Enigma
Bumper! Added a playable demo, download link is now up! Go play it and give your opinion and feedback!!! :D :D :D

Last edited:

Rivo

Nice game! Love all the effects, they're really cool! Oh and idk if you did this on the harder modes, but maybe make the bullets delete themselves when the leave the screen, or make the player have to reload. It's too easy to just keep shooting in both directions and kill them before they even get close to you.

John Andrews

Living Enigma
Nice game! Love all the effects, they're really cool! Oh and idk if you did this on the harder modes, but maybe make the bullets delete themselves when the leave the screen, or make the player have to reload. It's too easy to just keep shooting in both directions and kill them before they even get close to you.
Hey! Thanks for playing and liking it! :D Yeah I was thinking of something like a reloading/cooling system for some weapons because it's easy to spam kill enemies, but believe me, in harder modes it's not as easy ;) Anyway thanks a ton for playing! :)

Ladi_Pix3l

This is hilarious because I'm creating art for a team I'm on with a similar art style. :p. Anyways I like the game and it's smooth but I have to agree with @Koohyar when it comes to the graphics. They're aren't bad like I said before, but since you're using the name "Neon" maybe there should be a small glow to the sprites. The background you have is already black so it would fit nicely. :rolleyes:

John Andrews

Living Enigma
This is hilarious because I'm creating art for a team I'm on with a similar art style. :p. Anyways I like the game and it's smooth but I have to agree with @Koohyar when it comes to the graphics. They're aren't bad like I said before, but since you're using the name "Neon" maybe there should be a small glow to the sprites. The background you have is already black so it would fit nicely. :rolleyes:
Thanks for the feedback! I said it some posts before too that I am going to do that, but not right now because the sprites are very small and I want to save memory (for now) since it's a very "small" game, but it will happen in the future :) Thanks for your opinion! :D

D

DezzertPhoenix

Well, as I didn't play many old school games, I didn't feel the strong nostalgia that you probably want your players to experience, but that didn't stop me from playing it until the main menu suddenly reappeared and I noticed that the game had restarted. The mechanics and the level flow are on point in my opinion.
Great work, I'll wait for the next uploads!

John Andrews

Living Enigma
Well, as I didn't play many old school games, I didn't feel the strong nostalgia that you probably want your players to experience, but that didn't stop me from playing it until the main menu suddenly reappeared and I noticed that the game had restarted. The mechanics and the level flow are on point in my opinion.
Great work, I'll wait for the next uploads!
Thanks a lot man! Yeah some may feel the nostalgia, some not, but the real deal is that people feel like they wanna play a bit more, yeah it restarted probably cuz you died, I've fixed that sudden thing in the next update (and even added sounds) So I hope the next alpha is better than this one :) Thanks for your feedback! :D

Just played. Pretty fun! I would move the bullets up just a little so it looks like they're coming out of the tip of the gun instead of the hand. And the controls screen went away before I read it all, so I had to guess how to switch weapons and stuff. Love the graphics and gameplay though! And the effects are awesome. It's those nice little touches that make a good game great IMO.

John Andrews

Living Enigma
Just played. Pretty fun! I would move the bullets up just a little so it looks like they're coming out of the tip of the gun instead of the hand. And the controls screen went away before I read it all, so I had to guess how to switch weapons and stuff. Love the graphics and gameplay though! And the effects are awesome. It's those nice little touches that make a good game great IMO.
Thanks a lot for your feedback! :D Really appreciated, yeah the bullets seem a bit off some times and that's normal, this is an alpha after all eh? ;) I made the controls screen last for more time now, and the game has some brand new original sounds made by me! (So don't be surprised if they sound awful XD) The new version v0.8 has that! Sounds, volume control, some new stuff there wasn't before, and more to come! Go download and play it! :D :D :D

John Andrews

Living Enigma
Neon Wars has entered Beta!

The moment has come, Neon Wars has exited the Alpha stage and is now in Beta! Try it out now and if you want to contact me be pleased to do!

-Added a main menu option to change particle definition
-Game creator intro added
-Remade 4th boss entirely, with a new behaviour, sprites, harder to beat and less boring
-Bosses are announced and boss HP is displayed at the bottom of the screen
-Improved some aestethic details
-7th and last boss is now avaliable!
-Rebalanced some enemies & bosses
-Added robo-buddy grenade!
-Shop now shows how many points are remaining
-Added gun descriptions
-The game ends after you defeat the 7th boss
-At the ends your stats are displayed and depending on that you can get a rank
-Added a small button in the menu that is unlocked when you reach level 20
-Fixed some bugs

John Andrews

Living Enigma
Neon Wars lives!

After the last uploaded version (0.9.2 beta) released in 10/10/2017, more than a year ago! I kept developing the game for a little more until I met a full stop on November 13 of that year... And it was never touched again, ever.

Left to die, I always had Neon Wars in my projects folder, I rememnbered it from time to time, telling myself that it was a small but cool project, but it wasn't until March 31 of 2019 (3 days before writing this!) that I reopened the project, mangled around a bit, and saw I had developed some cool things, fixed bugs, added stuff, etc. And with my new experience from those 1.5 years of developing another project, I decided to release this lightly changed version to the public.

I fixed more bugs, glitches, and added some cool stuff I thought would help the game be better in some aspects, until I finished polishing it, and finally had a decent version to release, and leave this project again, maybe as my legacy, of how I used to develop games before... But for now, I may keep dev on this one if I find more stuff to add, it's pretty good as for now, to be played as an arcade game maybe, just to kill some time, nothing much.

I will post a changelog when I have the time, for now, enjoy the most complete version of this game!

John Andrews

Living Enigma
Neon Wars Mobile is born!

Download the APK! <- Click There!

After some time of development, I have finally completed Neon Wars, but I realized that for a computer game, it was really simple and not that fun, however, when I ported it to a mobile version, everything changed and it got better, so here it is!

Features:
- 7 Bosses, each with their unique mechanics.
- Many enemies to defeat.
- 40 levels, each harder than the last.
- 20 weapons to choose from.
- 3 sets of armor to protect you.
- Swords, thrown items, and special abilities to enhance your combat capabilities.
- 6 Upgradable stats to boost your chances at finishing all levels.

So download the game now and try it out!

Last edited: