Windows Neon Cleaner (AmazeMeGameJam)

Apapappa

Info:
Made in 48 hours and 5 minutes for AmazeMeGameJam GMS2.
https://itch.io/jam/amaze-me-game-jam

The theme was "NEON" and no special rules that I could find so this is what I made I guess.

Timelapse + Gameplay:

Jam Comments:

Since there were no special rules or anything for this jam I didn't start from nothing this time.
I ported over a bunch of my own systems to GMS2 the day before starting work on the game (didn't record that part because literally nothing happened).
So I used these systems for the game, which obviously sped up the process quite a bit and allowing for a greater number of effects / gameplay feel.

All textures, audio, levels, etc and most of the game logic was made during the jam though, it's all in the timelapse above.
But anyway, I got nothing else to comment on really other than as usual (apparently), the game turned out better than expected.

Feel free to leave any feedback.

Description:
Old school style FPS puzzle platformer (or something).
Deliver all the "Neons" to the level exit and reach it yourself before being zapped by a laserfield.

Features:
8 Levels.
Possibly challenging gameplay.
Showcase of misc things that are not usually done with GameMaker Studio.

Controls:
WASD = Move.
Mouse = Look around.
Left Mouse Button = Pick up / Throw.
Right Mouse Button = Drop / Place (hold shift).
Space = Jump.
E = Continue to next level (if finished).
R = Restart Level.

Note:
Performance will likely not be optimal on lower end devices using the default game options.
Use the in-game options to lower graphics settings, should improve performance.

Reactions: Xor

Apapappa

Good stuff! Very challenging though
Thanks once again. ^^
And yeah.. I didn't have much time for balancing, even if I did, it would likely still be a bit too hard since that's how it usually turns out when I make these things.

Reactions: Xor