NekoMajikku open Alpha

F

F. Cole

Just a bump in an attempt to get any feedback, honestly don't understand what is 'wrong' with this game.

S

ScimitarDD

Wow, great artwork! I love the challenge mode, it's really challenging. Haven't played too much of the story mode yet but the challenge levels are addicting. :D

Sometimes when I tried to move just 1 block and stick to the wall I jumped back to the same spot or moved 2 blocks. It felt like the time frame between moving 0 and 2 blocks is too small. I think it would be better to move 1 block instead of 0 when pressing buttons really really fast.

Just a bump in an attempt to get any feedback, honestly don't understand what is 'wrong' with this game.
There are not that many people online in this WIP thread. And it is pretty normal that only few people of those who view a post comment. There is nothing wrong with the game :D

F

F. Cole

Thanks for the feedback, I might be able to adjust the speed to make it easy to step one tile at a time, the current movement actually limits map design so it couldn't hurt.

I guess it's more a question of presentation, fixing a bad game is easy and nothings wrong with failing, maybe the game looks to childish for people to trust it's worth playing? The menu screen could easily be mistaken for my little pony :p

S

ScimitarDD

I don't think it looks childish and I'm pretty sure people who download a game don't stop playing when they are at the main menu :D. You could make a short trailer of the game and upload some gifs. That attracts more people than just 1 big image and 3 small ones people have to click on.^^

F

F. Cole

Huge update, basically rebuilt the entire game as a puzzle rpg. The game now has a pretty big map that opens up through level progression and exploration, there's also a pretty simple but original over world battle system as well. Your familiar fallows you but can attack and move independently allowing for some pretty cool set ups, the player will also be given a short range attacks in a future update.

The game isn't really meant to be big when it comes to the main story, so in total this alpha is maybe 30% of the full game.

the game was also rebuilt to a 1080 ratio, it's supposed to be a retro saturn game, but they did make a few games that could play in that ratio so it's not really cheating ;)

new demo https://gamejolt.com/games/NekoMajikku/343554

R

Red Phantom

I did a gameplay video review for you!

Last edited by a moderator: