• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Neither version of Gamemaker is logging in

D

DosMaster

I recently set up a new pc after my last one decided to self destruct, I installed my gamemakers and opened them to get them started,

I got gamemaker 2 off steam since legacy gamemaker kept saying it cant authenticate, but gamemaker 2 just closes after a few seconds, no matter what I do it closes after about 10-20 seconds, no error or anything to let me know what's wrong. on top of that I managed to get my details in fast enough to get the other error in the picture

I know this is for gamamaker 2 but if some saint knows the solution to the 1.x error just plop it down (I am likely gonna make a second post on the legacy help thread)

Attachments

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
CHeck your YoYo Account page and make sure that your licence details are correct and that you don't have to de-authorise a machine (GMS2 can be installed on up to 3 machines concurrently and any more mean one has to be de-authorised, so it could be that because of the re-install that your licence thinks you are trying to use it on more than three PCs). If everything looks good then I think you're just going to have to contact YoYo Games and ask for some help....

D

DosMaster

CHeck your YoYo Account page and make sure that your licence details are correct and that you don't have to de-authorise a machine (GMS2 can be installed on up to 3 machines concurrently and any more mean one has to be de-authorised, so it could be that because of the re-install that your licence thinks you are trying to use it on more than three PCs). If everything looks good then I think you're just going to have to contact YoYo Games and ask for some help....
I can't even connect it to my yoyo account, it crashes too fast, I got it yesterday because I was so frustrated that I may lose two months of work in 1.x and maybe I could convert it to version 2, right after downloading I open it up and it just closes itself after a few seconds, so its definitely not an issue of it being installed on too many pc's,

I may very well contact Yoyo after I cool off cause this is beyond irritating