Nefarious Vagabond

R

R34LD34L

Game Overview
- Hello to all the gmc members. I would like to present our W.I.P game "Nefarious Vagabond" out to the community. Our game takes place in a post apocalyptic world populated by soul survivors and the superior race known as the chiropterans. The world is governed by the chiropteran queen and the councils workforce known as the warrant officers.

- This game is an action packed, fast paced, sidescroller, with sneak mechanics. For more information check out our twitter: www.twitter.com/NvTheGame .

- This post is mainly to gain support and some insight on the games progression along side any constructive criticism and questioning regarding the game and game features.

Screenshots

Here are a few screenshots to compensate with the games game play, aesthetics, and features:

Attachments

Yeah, looks pretty good to me, too! I'm not a super huge fan of the newer "stick-figure" sort of pixel art, but your guys look pretty cool with their chunkier-than-normal legs, and your art is nice and appealing in general. I like it! That said, I think you're doing yourself a disservice by not showing some of those gifs you have on Twitter here - the game looks pretty nice in motion! =)

Also, it says "shader fun" for the rain png. What are the shaders doing in that shot? I see what looks like it might be some distortion where the rain is hitting the ground. If that's what it is, that's pretty cool!

T

Trueno

Yeah, looks pretty good to me, too! I'm not a super huge fan of the newer "stick-figure" sort of pixel art, but your guys look pretty cool with their chunkier-than-normal legs, and your art is nice and appealing in general. I like it! That said, I think you're doing yourself a disservice by not showing some of those gifs you have on Twitter here - the game looks pretty nice in motion! =)

Also, it says "shader fun" for the rain png. What are the shaders doing in that shot? I see what looks like it might be some distortion where the rain is hitting the ground. If that's what it is, that's pretty cool!
Thank you!
this was actually my first time trying to create in that style
i'm glad you find it Appealing !

R

R34LD34L

The hue shifting in the warrant officers, we can customize our characters and enemies to look differently without making tons of sprites, its a simple fragment shader none the less but it gives our game variety.

The hue shifting in the warrant officers, we can customize our characters and enemies to look differently without making tons of sprites, its a simple fragment shader none the less but it gives our game variety.
Ahh, okay. Yeah, I wrote the same sort of shader for my game. You might have seen it in the lightning gif. I don't know how hard it was for you guys, but it was a huge pain in the ass for me. So good work getting it in there, hahah!
Thank you!
this was actually my first time trying to create in that style
i'm glad you find it Appealing !
No problem! Looks good! =D

R

R34LD34L

Ahh, okay. Yeah, I wrote the same sort of shader for my game. You might have seen it in the lightning gif. I don't know how hard it was for you guys, but it was a huge pain in the ass for me. So good work getting it in there, hahah!

No problem! Looks good! =D
Dude it took me so long :(, it has to many uniforms and i feel as if its unoptimized