• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Graphics Need some criticism for my pixel art

girl.pnggirl.png
Not bad, good effort - but some things maybe to work on. These are done from a screen grab of yours, so not quite sure how precise they'd be in terms of pixels. The one on the right is what I'd settle for.

I think you've got the detail on the bodies spaced out enough, that most of it would be visible and not cluttered. But the faces perhaps have too many small area's of colours where it just looks a bit messy, and the detail won't come through anyway.

For myself, I'd have larger unbroken area's for the face - just stick to one colour for the skin.

On the eyes you have a light grey which will not stand out next to the white colour, and it shrinks the eye space. So I'd remove that.

The pink of their faces, and the white for their eyes, might require a moderately darker outline separating the two - depending on how light the pink is that you use.

Other than that - I'd have the face without any shades at all. It's too small an area to really try and emphasize it through subtle contrasts, so you want colours that stand out next to each other, and just enough space for them to be visible.

ONE LAST NOTE: If your character has green eyes...it doesn't stand out very well when they also have green hair :)

Last edited: