Team Request (need programmer) lets make this game!

G

gamedev4life

hi everyone! 2d game artist/developer here and i REALLY want to make a game and make some money, even if its very little. I've been making games for about 2 years now but have never finished one due to various issues with other team members.

so i have here a prototype (if it could even be called that) of the game id like to make. its a fantasy metroidvania game with some rpg elements (GDD is complete).

(unpolished concept art of mini boss, not actual game play)

(unpolished concept art of the player select screen)

originally i wanted to learn to program (in gml) and make it myself but learning gml has been very difficult for me and id like to try and work with a programmer again. i have more player animations and a monster animated too, just need a programmer to code it all in.

i have no doubt money can be made, and this money would be shared of course. really though id like to get published or crowdfunded and then get it greenlit on steam, and bask in the glory of game development!

who's with me?!

(see my signature for my portfolio)

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Aaron Kendrick

Hello there! I am the lead developer and coder of Project Amaranth, an online platformer of sorts still early development.
I could possibly help you develop different things, but just to make you aware, I can not be (at least at the moment) extremely dedicated to your project (I am an intern and I am developing Project Amaranth with a team). So basically I will help when I can, or provide help if you need to code something and do not know how.
I could help you with 2D environment collisions, wall tiling, animation sequencing, and even multiplayer if that is something you want to do.

If you do choose to accept my help, I would prefer talking over Discord, if that is alright with you. If not, we could make something work. I use discord to communicate with my team, so it would be helpful for me if we either used my channel or a channel you have created.
(My channel: https://discord.gg/0oJUqy2aF6lHm1Sv)

P

Piece0pie

Hey there,

I am interested in taking a look at your design. I still consider myself a novice as I have never completed a project before. However, I have spent the last few years building things in game maker and since the beginning I have aspired to do as much as I can in GML. In the last couple of years I have worked on building a sidescroller, arena space shooter, and most recently I have been cutting my teeth on a Zelda/Diablo/Doom top down action/rpg sort of thing. My long term goals involve controllers and couch co-op but it all starts with single player anyway if that is what you are gunning for.

If you still need someone let me know. After I see what your design involves I should be able tell you if it is something I can handle.

Sincerely,
Woz

M

Misty

hi everyone! 2d game artist/developer here and i REALLY want to make a game and make some money, even if its very little. I've been making games for about 2 years now but have never finished one due to various issues with other team members.

so i have here a prototype (if it could even be called that) of the game id like to make. its a fantasy metroidvania game with some rpg elements (GDD is complete).

originally i wanted to learn to program (in gml) and make it myself but learning gml has been very difficult for me and id like to try and work with a programmer again. i have more player animations and a monster animated too, just need a programmer to code it all in.

i have no doubt money can be made, and this money would be shared of course. really though id like to get published or crowdfunded and then get it greenlit on steam, and bask in the glory of game development!

who's with me?!

(see my signature for my portfolio)
Hire me. Here is an example of my programming expertise.
https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/combat-flight-simulator-gm-3d.2442/

Just an FYi, I wont be available to work on the days of the Game Jam though.

S

stebdub

Hi there, I'm available 24/7 for programming. I have over 11 years of experience with GML.

Here's a link to an RPG project I've been working on in GML. I did all the art and programming on it.
http://alkahestgame.blogspot.com/

I have a passion for RPG games in particular, and I have no times when I'm not available.

P

Pieps

If you want to make your game mechanic intensive I'm your man, I'm an academic math student with moderate skill in GML and moderate skill in Java. You'll want me in case you want to inject things like physics or other mechanically difficult tasks(I've never made ragdolls, but I could give it a shot). I work exponentially better amongst other physicians/mathematicians if you happen to find any. Only working when paid per hour, and I'm a disciplined team member.

Z

zminusone

Not sure if the music you have in the video is custom, but I'd be down to help out if I can! That sort of Basil Poledouris, Conan the Barbarian thing would be sweet to score ;)

You can hear my music here:

https://soundcloud.com/zminusone

First track is the demo reel of sorts. There is about 4 hours of music on that soundcloud though, so poke around if you want.

I also do custom sound effects. Been travelling a lot lately and may not be able to get to it right away due to other commitments, but I think it looks like it could be a fun project! So, feel free to send me a PM to discuss if you want!

-Brian

M

Misty

Not sure if the music you have in the video is custom, but I'd be down to help out if I can! That sort of Basil Poledouris, Conan the Barbarian thing would be sweet to score ;)

You can hear my music here:

https://soundcloud.com/zminusone

First track is the demo reel of sorts. There is about 4 hours of music on that soundcloud though, so poke around if you want.

I also do custom sound effects. Been travelling a lot lately and may not be able to get to it right away due to other commitments, but I think it looks like it could be a fun project! So, feel free to send me a PM to discuss if you want!

-Brian
Offtopic but, may I use some of your soundcloud music in the game jam? I won't be offended if you say no.

On topic, your game is looking good.