Team Request Need Programmer for 2D Runner

Hello! I'm looking for an experienced programmer for a bit of help.

There's a segment in my game where the Main player is put into an automated runner, and is being chased.
I'm having trouble programming the computer that will be chasing the player.

Below is a mock up.

Basically I just need the NPC to copy exactly what the player does in terms of input so that the NPC wont have any problem keeping close to the player and making its way through obstacles, for example.
RED IS Player YELLOW IS NPC
Whenever the Player should jump, the NPC should Jump exactly the same way the Player did whenever he'd hit the point where the Player registered that input so that he'll be able to perform the same actions and get over the pit.

Here's actual gameplay
https://imgur.com/a/hnnIzDI

I'd also need the NPC to be able to WallJump as shown in the video, and whenever the player should die I'd like for the NPCS to stop moving, whether in air or on ground.

I know that's a lot. I already have a project file to give and art assets are finished so all that needs to be done is code. If anyone wouldn't mind helping me out that would be great!

B

Booyaa

Gameplay looks nice. Sorry I will not help you, hope somebody else will, but if you want to do it by yourself I would suggest to create invisible object every time player perform some action (jump). And when NPC collide with this object it perform exactly same action. You can assign variables to that object by using with instance_create {}. And in collision you can use other.

Z

zendraw

there was an official tutrial for this exact thing. cant remember what it was called