• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Need my selfmade Game GMS credits?

D

Dwighty4000

I plan to release a game on Steam that I programmed with Gamemaker Studio 2.
Do I have to specify credit that this game was made with GameMamer Studio?

And if so, where?

Joe Ellis

I think if you've bought gms2 you don't have to
Yeah, you don't have to at all
As long as your not using an illegal copy of gms2, ARE YOU?!

Last edited:
D

Dwighty4000

I think if you've bought gms2 you don't have to
Yeah, you don't have to at all
As long as your not using an illegal copy of gms2, ARE YOU?!
I use the 100$ GMS2 Desktop version available on Steam.
But I also see the occasional GameMaker Studio with games programmed by its engine that advertises eg. all have a sale up to 75%.
I would not mind having more reach when GameMaker Studio advertises my game because it's programmed with their engine ...

D

Dwighty4000

That makes sense, but your game would also have to be on offer, which makes it look bad in general
Sounds good but if I am not obliged to give any information that my game was programmed with GameMaker ...
That saves me some work...