• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Need More Clarification on Documentation (Extensions)

Mert

While looking around the Facebook extension's java code, I saw

Code:
RunnerJNILib.dsMapAddString( mapIndex, "request", requestId );
                            int dsListIndex = RunnerJNILib.dsListCreate();
                            RunnerJNILib.dsMapAddInt( mapIndex, "to", dsListIndex);

for(int i=0;i<recipients.size();i++)
                            {
                                RunnerJNILib.dsListAddString(dsListIndex, (String)(recipients.get(i)) );
                            }
I had ZERO idea that RunnerJNILib had such functions. Up until now, I always created "ds_map" which is, what everybody knows as, async_load[? "..."], returned to the Game Maker via SOCIAL ASYNC Event. It mostly included a long series of string with a parsing key (Someting like :! etc.). Then I had to parse it in GML. It costs too much to be honest.

It seems like we can add lists that can be inserted in a map. These functions works exactly like the ones in GML. With this knowledge, a lot of things will change in my Firebase extensions series.

I wonder what is also there ? Can we async-call another event than SOCIAL one ?

Code:
int dsMapIndex = RunnerJNILib.jCreateDsMap(null, null, null);
What are the parameters in the function ? Can we get some information maybe ?

AIO1

Hello, did you find any documentation in this? Its because I currently had this issue :p
Maybe this also helps you. I found out in windows/Linux/Mac they have a set of functions for working with mostly any kind of data in GMS. My issue is I'm lacking a lot of information related to the RunnerJNILib

Mert

Hello, did you find any documentation in this? Its because I currently had this issue :p
Maybe this also helps you. I found out in windows/Linux/Mac they have a set of functions for working with mostly any kind of data in GMS. My issue is I'm lacking a lot of information related to the RunnerJNILib
A very old topic 😅
I think Yoyogames hasn't disclosed these functionality yet, or there may be a blog post that I don't know. I also observed that they've introduced new things, I don't remember them now. The last thing I've heard is that extensions can receive/return structs, but I haven't tested it yet.

Best to ask to the staff @xDGameStudios

Note: I have moved onto official Yoyogames extensions since they're now really taking care of them and always updating them. I haven't made an extension for myself for a quite while. (Except an Android vibration extension that I spent an hour)

Last edited:

AIO1

A very old topic 😅
I think Yoyogames hasn't disclosed these functionality yet, or there may be a blog post that I don't know. I also observer they introduced new things, I don't remember them now. The last thing I've heard is that extensions can receive/return structs, but I haven't tested it yet.

Best to ask to the staff @xDGameStudios

Note: I have moved onto official Yoyogames extensions since they're now really taking care of them and always updating them. I haven't made an extension for myself for a quite while. (Except an Android vibration extension that I spent an hour)
Yeah, I know its an old post, I've been struggling like for 2 days already.... XD