• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM Need little help with Spine

Zuljaras

The object spawns like 30-40 pixels or something above the point where I put it. There is no logic in that.

rIKmAN

You just put it in the room and then in the create event you tell it the cords. I do not have that I place it in the room with ALT + placement just like every other object.
It works exactly the same if I place it in the room editor without setting the coordinates, here is new the project for you to see.

I can only assume you are looking at the coordinates of the mouse when you place it in the Room Editor, and you are thinking that it is the coordinate of the sprite / origin.
Right click the sprite in the Room Editor, choose "Change Position" and set the Y coordinate - simple!

Also, what are your grid settings?
If you have it set to snap to 32x32 and you are trying to place it at 400 then of course the maths don't work, but the mouse position will still show coordinates in single pixels so you think you are placing it there when in fact you aren't?

That's all I can think of, I have no idea how else you could be making this so complicated lol!

Zuljaras

It works exactly the same if I place it in the room editor without setting the coordinates, here is new the project for you to see.

I can only assume you are looking at the coordinates of the mouse when you place it in the Room Editor, and you are thinking that it is the coordinate of the sprite / origin.
Right click the sprite in the Room Editor, choose "Change Position" and set the Y coordinate - simple!

Also, what are your grid settings?
If you have it set to snap to 32x32 and you are trying to place it at 400 then of course the maths don't work, but the mouse position will still show coordinates in single pixels so you think you are placing it there when in fact you aren't?

That's all I can think of, I have no idea how else you could be making this so complicated lol!
Here is the new golem project in spine:
project spine.jpg

The root is in 0,0 coordinates.

Inside GMS I have completely NEW object with NO gravity or anything else! Just object with the spine sprite!

I go in the room editor and press and hold the ALT button for pixel precise positioning and I place the object on the room (on a bridge to be exact) when I launch the game the golem is around 40 pixels above the bridge.

This is not complicated at all but something is missing I guess.

rIKmAN

Here is the new golem project in spine:
View attachment 8583

The root is in 0,0 coordinates.

Inside GMS I have completely NEW object with NO gravity or anything else! Just object with the spine sprite!

I go in the room editor and press and hold the ALT button for pixel precise positioning and I place the object on the room (on a bridge to be exact) when I launch the game the golem is around 40 pixels above the bridge.

This is not complicated at all but something is missing I guess.
Send me the GMS project.

Did you check the project I just linked to, where I just place it in the editor at 500px on the y-axis, and it appears with the "root" bone at 500px on the y-axis level with the line I draw at 500px on the y-axis!?

Did you right click the sprite and make sure it's at the correct y value that you expect?
You are miscalculating something, because both tests I have made with your sprite work fine.

Zuljaras

Send me the GMS project.

Did you check the project I just linked to, where I just place it in the editor at 500px on the y-axis, and it appears with the "root" bone at 500px on the y-axis level with the line I draw at 500px on the y-axis!?

Did you right click the sprite and make sure it's at the correct y value that you expect?
You are miscalculating something, because both tests I have made with your sprite work fine.
I dont see the line in your project but if I move the object and launch the game it is in the correct place. I have to look at that later when i get back home. Also my grid is 32x32 but I place the object at the correct position not snapped to the grid.

rIKmAN

I dont see the line in your project but if I move the object and launch the game it is in the correct place. I have to look at that later when i get back home. Also my grid is 32x32 but I place the object at the correct position not snapped to the grid.
What target are you exporting to?
The line is definitely there (object_1 Draw Event) as seen in the screenshots I posted, but yeah as I said it works fine this end so it must be something else causing it in your project.

Try and break it down into as simple as an example as possible to rule out any code etc that might be affecting it and go from there.

Zuljaras

What target are you exporting to?
The line is definitely there (object_1 Draw Event) as seen in the screenshots I posted, but yeah as I said it works fine this end so it must be something else causing it in your project.

Try and break it down into as simple as an example as possible to rule out any code etc that might be affecting it and go from there.
I think that I do something wrong in Spine. The root bone does nothing in GMS. I could not find a single proper tutorial of Spine integration with GMS. Like how to properly adjust the bones in the hierarchy. This is very important for GMS. I have no idea about the other game making engines.

I want to know how to start building the skeleton? Which bone should be the main bone? Should I put bone into bone into bone? Only bones like arm parts should be together etc.? The GMS blog on Spine integration lacks so much information. Especially on how to start with Spine.

"You will also want to pay attention to where the root is in your animation. The root is where your Spine animation would be anchored within the world space, and when you import your sprite into GameMaker: Studio, this will be translated as the sprites x/y origin, which is not editable for this kind of sprite. Most of your calculations for moving parts of the skeleton will also depend on this point."

This is just a vague explanation.

rIKmAN

I think that I do something wrong in Spine. The root bone does nothing in GMS. I could not find a single proper tutorial of Spine integration with GMS. Like how to properly adjust the bones in the hierarchy. This is very important for GMS. I have no idea about the other game making engines.

I want to know how to start building the skeleton? Which bone should be the main bone? Should I put bone into bone into bone? Only bones like arm parts should be together etc.? The GMS blog on Spine integration lacks so much information. Especially on how to start with Spine.

"You will also want to pay attention to where the root is in your animation. The root is where your Spine animation would be anchored within the world space, and when you import your sprite into GameMaker: Studio, this will be translated as the sprites x/y origin, which is not editable for this kind of sprite. Most of your calculations for moving parts of the skeleton will also depend on this point."

This is just a vague explanation.
You are correct - I also had to waste some time figuring out that the root bone does nothing inside GMS except act as the origin.

The Spine support / information is very sparse and pretty poor in general, it seems to me that it was added more to be able to advertise it as a supported feature to encourage sales, rather than implemented fully to properly enable complex skeletal animations and manipulation of them.

There are even basic things that aren't implemented and require crazy workarounds for things that are available in the standard Spine runtimes, but for whatever reason the answer was "it's never been something we've needed to use" when YYG were asked about the missing functionality (colouring slots, detecting slots at x/y etc)

Search the forums and you will find lots of helpful tidbits of information, and I got help and pointers from some other Spine users when I first started - some that I have found since I started using GMS:

1) Every bone, in every animation must have a R/T/S key set at the beginning end.
If you don't, weird things will happen.

2) You cannot have a 1 frame animation.
For example, if you want just a static 1 frame "idle" animation, copy the keys from frame 1 and duplicate them to frame 2 so that it is at least 2 frames.

3) You MUST destroy / clear the ds_map when reading the bone information using the _skeleton functions.

4) You need to select the correct texture page settings when exporting from Spine, otherwise GMS doesn't report any errors but the sprites get all funky when running in game (squashed, deformed etc)

Hopefully they will help you avoid any of the beginner problems I had myself, trying to find out all of the secret hoops GMS makes you jump through to get basic functionality when compared to other languages.

As for building your skeleton, that depends on what the character is: human, animal, monster, does it have wings, legs etc, so there isn't a "one size fits all" answer to that.

I would recommend making it so that it acts like a normal skeleton would: attach upper arms to the torso, lower arms to the upper arms, hands to the lower arms etc, so that when animating it is logical and makes sense. You have Spine Essential so not sure if the IK stuff is in that but it helps when using that also - position the hand and the upper/lower arms move automatically without you having to set them yourself.

In terms of a basic GMS setup, as I said think of the default "root" bone as just being used as the origin of the sprite, and nothing more!
Don't apply any animation to it other than moving it away from 0,0 if you animation requires it and you are handling the positioning and repositions between animations in code.

Create your own fake "root" bone underneath this, and then you can apply Rotate/Translate/Scale keys to this without any problems, and also any bones under this.

Example for a basic human biped
Code:
root
--- myRoot (your own fake root bone)
    --- head
        --- skull
        --- left eye
        --- right eye
        --- mouth
    --- body
         --- left bicep
              --- left forearm
                   --- left hand
         --- right bicep
              --- right forearm
                   --- right hand
         --- left thigh
              --- left shin
                   --- left foot
         --- right thigh
              --- right shin
                   --- right foot
I would recommend following some Spine tutorials, as using it to create skeletons and animations is not specific to GMS.
Once you are comfortable doing this you will find it a lot erasier to understand what is happening (and why) when bringing it into your game.

Hope that helps!

Zuljaras

You are correct - I also had to waste some time figuring out that the root bone does nothing inside GMS except act as the origin.

The Spine support / information is very sparse and pretty poor in general, it seems to me that it was added more to be able to advertise it as a supported feature to encourage sales, rather than implemented fully to properly enable complex skeletal animations and manipulation of them.

There are even basic things that aren't implemented and require crazy workarounds for things that are available in the standard Spine runtimes, but for whatever reason the answer was "it's never been something we've needed to use" when YYG were asked about the missing functionality (colouring slots, detecting slots at x/y etc)

Search the forums and you will find lots of helpful tidbits of information, and I got help and pointers from some other Spine users when I first started - some that I have found since I started using GMS:

1) Every bone, in every animation must have a R/T/S key set at the beginning end.
If you don't, weird things will happen.

2) You cannot have a 1 frame animation.
For example, if you want just a static 1 frame "idle" animation, copy the keys from frame 1 and duplicate them to frame 2 so that it is at least 2 frames.

3) You MUST destroy / clear the ds_map when reading the bone information using the _skeleton functions.

4) You need to select the correct texture page settings when exporting from Spine, otherwise GMS doesn't report any errors but the sprites get all funky when running in game (squashed, deformed etc)

Hopefully they will help you avoid any of the beginner problems I had myself, trying to find out all of the secret hoops GMS makes you jump through to get basic functionality when compared to other languages.

As for building your skeleton, that depends on what the character is: human, animal, monster, does it have wings, legs etc, so there isn't a "one size fits all" answer to that.

I would recommend making it so that it acts like a normal skeleton would: attach upper arms to the torso, lower arms to the upper arms, hands to the lower arms etc, so that when animating it is logical and makes sense. You have Spine Essential so not sure if the IK stuff is in that but it helps when using that also - position the hand and the upper/lower arms move automatically without you having to set them yourself.

In terms of a basic GMS setup, as I said think of the default "root" bone as just being used as the origin of the sprite, and nothing more!
Don't apply any animation to it other than moving it away from 0,0 if you animation requires it and you are handling the positioning and repositions between animations in code.

Create your own fake "root" bone underneath this, and then you can apply Rotate/Translate/Scale keys to this without any problems, and also any bones under this.

Example for a basic human biped
Code:
root
--- myRoot (your own fake root bone)
    --- head
        --- skull
        --- left eye
        --- right eye
        --- mouth
    --- body
         --- left bicep
              --- left forearm
                   --- left hand
         --- right bicep
              --- right forearm
                   --- right hand
         --- left thigh
              --- left shin
                   --- left foot
         --- right thigh
              --- right shin
                   --- right foot
I would recommend following some Spine tutorials, as using it to create skeletons and animations is not specific to GMS.
Once you are comfortable doing this you will find it a lot erasier to understand what is happening (and why) when bringing it into your game.

Hope that helps!
Thank you for the advice!!!

I have just created ONE bone in spine and set it to 0,0. Added one image to the bone and exported it. Then in GMS I added the sprite to one empty object and in the room editor set it to a specific location. The sprite was aligned correctly on the bridge. After I started the game the sprite was half way under the bridge. No coding was involved.

I am starting to regret the money I have put into this :(

rIKmAN

Thank you for the advice!!!

I have just created ONE bone in spine and set it to 0,0. Added one image to the bone and exported it. Then in GMS I added the sprite to one empty object and in the room editor set it to a specific location. The sprite was aligned correctly on the bridge. After I started the game the sprite was half way under the bridge. No coding was involved.

I am starting to regret the money I have put into this :(
I don't know what else I can tell you - I sent you a project using your own sprite where it worked fine...

Create a new project and try it, it has to be something in your existing project that is causing it, maybe gravity pulling the sprite down from where you place it, some dodgy collision code with the bridge / floor etc.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but it's not wasted money purchasing Spine just because you haven't learnt how to use it yet!
It's a great tool, and like I said it works as proven by the projects using your own skeleton that I linked you to.

Earlier on you told me you were using Spine 1473 when it was in fact 1763, so it's not unreasonable to assume you might have an error in your code, or calculations somewhere that is causing this.

Zuljaras

I don't know what else I can tell you - I sent you a project using your own sprite where it worked fine...

Create a new project and try it, it has to be something in your existing project that is causing it, maybe gravity pulling the sprite down from where you place it, some dodgy collision code with the bridge / floor etc.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but it's not wasted money purchasing Spine just because you haven't learnt how to use it yet!
It's a great tool, and like I said it works as proven by the projects using your own skeleton that I linked you to.

Earlier on you told me you were using Spine 1473 when it was in fact 1763, so it's not unreasonable to assume you might have an error in your code, or calculations somewhere that is causing this.
Hiw can gravity push something that has no gravity? It has no collision and no code? The old sprite i gave you works. But anythibg new is centered oddly. I guess i am not centering it correctly in spine ...

rIKmAN

Hiw can gravity push something that has no gravity? It has no collision and no code? The old sprite i gave you works. But anythibg new is centered oddly. I guess i am not centering it correctly in spine ...
How can I know that your character has no gravity or collision when you were talking about those very things earlier?
I'm not psychic!

Without seeing your project I have no idea what the problem might be other than the things I've mentioned - I tested your sprite and it worked.
I would guess that it's something simple you are overlooking, not understanding properly, misunderstanding or doing wrong which is causing this.

Have you tried a new project which is just an empty room to rule out any of the code in your existing project?
Start as basic as possible and work up to try and isolate the problem.

Have you tried the EA versions of GMS?

Zuljaras

How can I know that your character has no gravity or collision when you were talking about those very things earlier?
I'm not psychic!

Without seeing your project I have no idea what the problem might be other than the things I've mentioned - I tested your sprite and it worked.
I would guess that it's something simple you are overlooking, not understanding properly, misunderstanding or doing wrong which is causing this.

Have you tried a new project which is just an empty room to rule out any of the code in your existing project?
Start as basic as possible and work up to try and isolate the problem.

Have you tried the EA versions of GMS?
I have tried your example. I just added one more sprite which I attached to a new object with no code in it. The sprite is just the head of the golem and I put it exactly one pixel above the whole golem which aligns nice. Here is the result:
latest spine test.jpg

You can clearly see the difference in the room and in the actual game when started.

I definitely do not know how to center properly in Spine. :( The fault is not in my game is in my ability to work with spine. I just don't know.

I though that the origin, the so called root bone is in 0,0. Therefore what I see in the GMS room editor is where the sprite will appear perfectly but I guess that is wrong. As I see it the coordinates in the room are irrelevant to where the sprite will be displayed. As the example above the head of the golem is not centered properly. I mean the bone is but the image attached to it is not?

I even confuse myself more :D

rIKmAN

I have tried your example. I just added one more sprite which I attached to a new object with no code in it. The sprite is just the head of the golem and I put it exactly one pixel above the whole golem which aligns nice. Here is the result:
View attachment 8605

You can clearly see the difference in the room and in the actual game when started.

I definitely do not know how to center properly in Spine. :( The fault is not in my game is in my ability to work with spine. I just don't know.

I though that the origin, the so called root bone is in 0,0. Therefore what I see in the GMS room editor is where the sprite will appear perfectly but I guess that is wrong. As I see it the coordinates in the room are irrelevant to where the sprite will be displayed. As the example above the head of the golem is not centered properly. I mean the bone is but the image attached to it is not?

I even confuse myself more :D
Like I said I'm not sure without seeing the project, but I don't have any issues my end that are even close to this.
Are you offsetting the images somehow within Spine?

Again...
Try using the EA version of GMS - I said this about 20 posts ago as it added support for Spine 3.4.02.
Try creating a fresh GMS project.
Try creating a new spine project using just a rectangle graphic with a single bone (below the default "root" bone as discussed)
Try following some Spine tutorials to get used to the IDE and how everything works.

Let me know how things go after trying the above.

Zuljaras

Like I said I'm not sure without seeing the project, but I don't have any issues my end that are even close to this.
Are you offsetting the images somehow within Spine?

Again...
Try using the EA version of GMS - I said this about 20 posts ago as it added support for Spine 3.4.02.
Try creating a fresh GMS project.
Try creating a new spine project using just a rectangle graphic with a single bone (below the default "root" bone as discussed)
Try following some Spine tutorials to get used to the IDE and how everything works.

Let me know how things go after trying the above.
I have made some tests with just one red square, one bone in new GMS.

The root is at 0,0. I put the bone like 100 pixels above the root. I attached the red square to the bone and exported.
In GMS I have created one object and one room.
In the room I put the square in the bottom left corner pixel perfect in the room editor.
Started the game and the square was 100 pixels above its position in the room editor.
Went back to Spine and made the bone with the square at 0,0 directly on top of the root.
Back to GMS repeated the same thing and the square was at the exact position where I put it in the editor.

So as I understand the bone below the root should also be placed at 0,0 and from there I place the other bones like arms legs etc. branching out of that bone (at 0,0).

Have to make more test with more bones but that seems to be the issue.

UPDATE!!!

After that I have added 2 more bones to the main one the are below. In GMS the image is centered in the middle of the top square not the middle of the image. That is what is causing the image to appear in different location.

For example if I have the old golem and the main bone is in the center of its head I MUST put the X and Y coordinates on the SPRITE in GMS exactly on the head of the golem not centered.

I guess this is the workaround that must be done. Unless I am missing something. If the root is lets say in the arm of the golem than in GMS in the sprite edit I have to click on the arm of the golem and set the sprite origin to be there.

Last edited:

rIKmAN

I have made some tests with just one red square, one bone in new GMS.

The root is at 0,0. I put the bone like 100 pixels above the root. I attached the red square to the bone and exported.
In GMS I have created one object and one room.
In the room I put the square in the bottom left corner pixel perfect in the room editor.
Started the game and the square was 100 pixels above its position in the room editor.
Went back to Spine and made the bone with the square at 0,0 directly on top of the root.
Back to GMS repeated the same thing and the square was at the exact position where I put it in the editor.

So as I understand the bone below the root should also be placed at 0,0 and from there I place the other bones like arms legs etc. branching out of that bone (at 0,0).

Have to make more test with more bones but that seems to be the issue.
Yes of course the new fake "myRoot" bone should be at 0,0 and then add any other bones under this one, I thought I'd made that clear previously, my apologies if not but I thought me calling it a "fake root bone" and naming it "myRoot" would have given it away! ;)

Glad we seem to have found the issue anyway, we got there in the end! :)

Zuljaras

Yes of course the new fake "myRoot" bone should be at 0,0 and then add any other bones under this one, I thought I'd made that clear previously, my apologies if not but I thought me calling it a "fake root bone" and naming it "myRoot" would have given it away! ;)

Glad we seem to have found the issue anyway, we got there in the end! :)
Please just read the update part in my last post. The fake root is in 0,0 but in GMS the origin should be the center of the fake root. This is the confusing part. By default GMS sets the sprite to be centered at the absolute which leads to miss position in the real room.

rIKmAN

Please just read the update part in my last post. The fake root is in 0,0 but in GMS the origin should be the center of the fake root. This is the confusing part. By default GMS sets the sprite to be centered at the absolute which leads to miss position in the real room.
No, the real "root" bone is used as the origin position, the "fake" root bone is just because the real root bone does not allow any transformations to be read from it in GMS for whatever reason, so it's best to just leave the real root bone alone and create your own fake root bone and work under this.

ie. If your animation needs to move from 0,0 for a walk animation (and not animated be on the spot) you can move the fake root bone and the origin (real root bone) will still be at 0,0. You can then reset the real root bone position to the fake root bone position in the Animation End event to give the illusion of smooth movement.

If you set the root to 0,0 and have your sprite 100px to the left, then in GMS the sprite will appear 100px to wherever you position it on the x axis, because the root will be AT the x, and the sprite is offset from that within Spine.

I honestly don't know what the issue is as like I said I used your own Golem sprite in the project I linked and it worked fine both positioning it with code and in the room editor without code.

I would start with a fresh project, a fresh skeleton using some simple rectangles and play around with it and simplify things as much as possible until you get the hang of it - but you are still mentioning the Golem skeleton so I assume you are still using that which might be causing issues in itself, not to mention whatever level objects and code you have running which might be affecting it in the actual game.

As for moving the origin in the sprite editor, the blog entry regarding Spine animations (which I'm sure you have read) says:
You will also want to pay attention to where the root is in your animation. The root is where your Spine animation would be anchored within the world space, and when you import your sprite into GameMaker: Studio, this will be translated as the sprites x/y origin, which is not editable for this kind of sprite. Most of your calculations for moving parts of the skeleton will also depend on this point.
As you can see it is not editable, so I'm not sure why you are even trying?
Maybe you've found a bug? I've never need to move it as it's always worked for me using the root bone as the origin and bringing it into GM.

Honestly, it sounds to me like you are trying to rush things without properly understanding what you are doing and probably missing something, so I'd advise taking it slow, starting fresh and working on a simple 1-2 bone skeleton, some primitive shapes.

Also you seem to be ignoring answering my question when I ask you to confirm if you have tried the EA version of GMS?
EA 1.9.525 added support for 3.4.02, so I'm not even sure if 1763 supports that version which could be the issue.

I did say this about 15 posts as as well, but you keep ignoring and not answering me when I ask.

http://www.yoyogames.com/downloads/gm-studio-ea/release-notes-studio.html

Last edited:

Zuljaras

No, the real "root" bone is used as the origin position, the "fake" root bone is just because the real root bone does not allow any transformations to be read from it in GMS for whatever reason, so it's best to just leave the real root bone alone and create your own fake root bone and work under this.

ie. If your animation needs to move from 0,0 for a walk animation (and not animated be on the spot) you can move the fake root bone and the origin (real root bone) will still be at 0,0. You can then reset the real root bone position to the fake root bone position in the Animation End event to give the illusion of smooth movement.

If you set the root to 0,0 and have your sprite 100px to the left, then in GMS the sprite will appear 100px to wherever you position it on the x axis, because the root will be AT the x, and the sprite is offset from that within Spine.

I honestly don't know what the issue is as like I said I used your own Golem sprite in the project I linked and it worked fine both positioning it with code and in the room editor without code.

I would start with a fresh project, a fresh skeleton using some simple rectangles and play around with it and simplify things as much as possible until you get the hang of it - but you are still mentioning the Golem skeleton so I assume you are still using that which might be causing issues in itself, not to mention whatever level objects and code you have running which might be affecting it in the actual game.

As for moving the origin in the sprite editor, the blog entry regarding Spine animations (which I'm sure you have read) says:

As you can see it is not editable, so I'm not sure why you are even trying?
Maybe you've found a bug? I've never need to move it as it's always worked for me using the root bone as the origin and bringing it into GM.

Honestly, it sounds to me like you are trying to rush things without properly understanding what you are doing and probably missing something, so I'd advise taking it slow, starting fresh and working on a simple 1-2 bone skeleton, some primitive shapes.

Also you seem to be ignoring answering my question when I ask you to confirm if you have tried the EA version of GMS?
EA 1.9.525 added support for 3.4.02, so I'm not even sure if 1763 supports that version which could be the issue.

I did say this about 15 posts as as well, but you keep ignoring and not answering me when I ask.

http://www.yoyogames.com/downloads/gm-studio-ea/release-notes-studio.html
I upgraded to EA 1.99.533 and it is the same.
Here is the result:
works spine.jpg
This image shows in GMS where I put the origin of the sprite. It is exactly IN the eye of the golem. In Spine the eye of the golem is the root bone.
If I use it like that the image is exactly where I put it in the GMS room.

Here is if I import it fresh and not change anything:
does not work spine.jpg

If the sprite is centered like in the screenshot it will never be at the precise position in the game.

I do not know why they put this text in the tutorial but it is simply not true. If I change the origin of the sprite in GMS it will change in the editor and in the game itself.

Zuljaras

Ha!!! Got it to work. There was definitely some kind of problem! Now when I export the sprites again the origin is not centered like before!!! Now I do not have to manually change it. It is changed when I import the sprite.

That was one weird 💩💩💩💩 :D Before every sprite I put into GMS was with its coordinated centered in the middle. Now it is centered at the root bone :)

rIKmAN Thanks for the help!!!

rIKmAN

Ha!!! Got it to work. There was definitely some kind of problem! Now when I export the sprites again the origin is not centered like before!!! Now I do not have to manually change it. It is changed when I import the sprite.

That was one weird **** :D Before every sprite I put into GMS was with its coordinated centered in the middle. Now it is centered at the root bone :)

rIKmAN Thanks for the help!!!
Phew at last! :)

I'd recommend sticking with the EA version, although I've only used 1.99.525 so can't comment on if 533 introduced any of its own problems.

Told you we'd get there in the end! :)

Zuljaras

Phew at last! :)

I'd recommend sticking with the EA version, although I've only used 1.99.525 so can't comment on if 533 introduced any of its own problems.

Told you we'd get there in the end! :)
Sorry to bother you again but I need a little help on different matter using spine.

I have this code for the walking animation of my golem and it works almost fine:
Code:
if skeleton_animation_get()='walk' &&
(image_index>=0
&& image_index<=41)
or
(image_index>=81
&& image_index<=117)
{hspeed=-0.4}
else
{hspeed=0}
The problem is that I need 2 different speeds for both image index ranges :( and I do not know how to achieve that. I tried to set one range to 0.4 and the other to 0.5 but then I cant set the hspeed to 0 on the other frames and the movement just wont stop.

Also on a side note why in spine the animation is 20 frames but in GMS I have to set it to 41 in order to stop where I want it? The animation is like 80 frames but in GMS code it ends in above 100.