• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Need help with UWP export

RizbIT

i have a windows phone 8 game i need to update on the windows store. But now i cant export to windows phone 8. even if i could they say microsoft wont accept windows phone 8 app.

ok so i wanted to export a UWP app.

I get this error:
Code:
The following certificate was selected:
    Issued to: Master     Issued by: Master     Expires:   Sun Mar 03 00:49:57 2019     SHA1 hash: 53E8BBB8291AC0061C1E15CA52EFD78AAFAFF01
Done Adding Additional Store
Error information: "Error: SignerSign() failed." (-2147024885/0x8007000b)
SignTool Error: An unexpected internal error has occurred.
cmd /c "Powershell -executionpolicy unrestricted "& 'C:\Users\mypc\Desktop\com.my.app_1.0.0.0\\Add-AppDevPackage.ps1'" "

Found package: C:\Users\Master\Desktop\com.sulaysa.penaltypractice_1.0.0.0\com.sulaysa.penaltypractice.appx
Error: The package or bundle is not digitally signed or its signature is corrupted.
Create finished: 19:22:32
I fount this solution:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions...ailed-2147024885-0x8007000b?noredirect=1&lq=1

It says that the publisher name set in global game settings under certification of Windows UWP tab is not as in the ceritificate used for signing. the name in the certificate i saw when installing is as this

Code:
Exact match:
Element 2:
Serial Number: 3962817e926b6d8e4b0edc6e9900e70
Issuer: CN=Master
 NotBefore: 02/03/2018 18:49
 NotAfter: 03/03/2019 00:49
Subject: CN=Master
Signature matches Public Key
Root Certificate: Subject matches Issuer
Cert Hash(sha1): 53e8bbb8291ac0061c1e15ca52efd78aafaff0
But what is Master im not sure its not the publisher name or name of the microsoft account used in VS. It could be the PC user account name. But why?

How do i resolve this ideally the publisher name should be like CN=MyPUblisherName and be the same as the one set in microsoft developer account.

thanks

rIKmAN

i have a windows phone 8 game i need to update on the windows store. But now i cant export to windows phone 8. even if i could they say microsoft wont accept windows phone 8 app.

ok so i wanted to export a UWP app.

I get this error:
Code:
The following certificate was selected:
    Issued to: Master     Issued by: Master     Expires:   Sun Mar 03 00:49:57 2019     SHA1 hash: 53E8BBB8291AC0061C1E15CA52EFD78AAFAFF01
Done Adding Additional Store
Error information: "Error: SignerSign() failed." (-2147024885/0x8007000b)
SignTool Error: An unexpected internal error has occurred.
cmd /c "Powershell -executionpolicy unrestricted "& 'C:\Users\mypc\Desktop\com.my.app_1.0.0.0\\Add-AppDevPackage.ps1'" "

Found package: C:\Users\Master\Desktop\com.sulaysa.penaltypractice_1.0.0.0\com.sulaysa.penaltypractice.appx
Error: The package or bundle is not digitally signed or its signature is corrupted.
Create finished: 19:22:32
I fount this solution:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions...ailed-2147024885-0x8007000b?noredirect=1&lq=1

It says that the publisher name set in global game settings under certification of Windows UWP tab is not as in the ceritificate used for signing. the name in the certificate i saw when installing is as this

Code:
Exact match:
Element 2:
Serial Number: 3962817e926b6d8e4b0edc6e9900e70
Issuer: CN=Master
 NotBefore: 02/03/2018 18:49
 NotAfter: 03/03/2019 00:49
Subject: CN=Master
Signature matches Public Key
Root Certificate: Subject matches Issuer
Cert Hash(sha1): 53e8bbb8291ac0061c1e15ca52efd78aafaff0
But what is Master im not sure its not the publisher name or name of the microsoft account used in VS. It could be the PC user account name. But why?

How do i resolve this ideally the publisher name should be like CN=MyPUblisherName and be the same as the one set in microsoft developer account.

thanks
Did go through the Compiling Your UWP Apps guide to see if that helps?

RizbIT

ok in case it helps anyone else
Did go through the Compiling Your UWP Apps guide to see if that helps?
thanks... some points to raise

they say
"You should now right click on the file name and select the Properties option. This will give you the full path for the file" after you create and associte the cert. but on VS 2015 right clicking the cert in solution explorer does not show the full path.... so you have to right click the project and "open folder in explorer" then copy the cert to game maker project folder.

The other thing it does not say is that on GMS 1.4 on the global.game.setting > Windows UWP > Installation tab you also have to copy the publisher name from your windows dev account to their and has to be format like CN=FBBJ0413-20DF-44UD-BCC2-7A80JU*AAD48

can i test a UWP app on my lumia phone which im sure has windows phone 8

rIKmAN

ok in case it helps anyone else

thanks... some points to raise

they say
"You should now right click on the file name and select the Properties option. This will give you the full path for the file" after you create and associte the cert. but on VS 2015 right clicking the cert in solution explorer does not show the full path.... so you have to right click the project and "open folder in explorer" then copy the cert to game maker project folder.

The other thing it does not say is that on GMS 1.4 on the global.game.setting > Windows UWP > Installation tab you also have to copy the publisher name from your windows dev account to their and has to be format like CN=FBBJ0413-20DF-44UD-BCC2-7A80JU*AAD48

can i test a UWP app on my lumia phone which im sure has windows phone 8
Yeah you have to do a fair bit of sleuthing with any of the guides it seems, but they get you in the general area of where you should be looking - like adding a certificate.

I'm not 100% certain but I'm pretty sure UWP won't work on 8.1 as far as I know UWP is Window 10 only.
The whole point of UWP is unified architecture though, so if you have UWP you could test on PC if you only have an 8.1 phone.

RizbIT

yes it can compile to x64 and test on pc, but then have to remember to compile/build to ARm before uploading to Store.

if testing on PC i cant seem to get the in app products to work...on windows phoen 8 it worked i have the in app products set up on the store