• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Steam Need Help With Steam Achievements Please..

Zaxtor99

Okay, I've scoured the internet, and I've read the Game Maker documentation 10 times over under the Steam achievements...

I see that before I can set an achievement for my game already released in early access on Steam that the steam_stats_ready() has to be true..

and I've set up a comment to tell me if its true or not, and it always fails to be true.

I don't see any comments in the GM documentation to turn it on or anything, only how to check it.. and that it might be true before you can write any achievements to Steam.

Let me go through everything I've found and done already...

I have the the professional version of Game Maker Studio v 1.4.1763.

I've set my correct Steam App ID in the Global game Settings on my project and checked the "Enable Steam" box.

I saw on the Game Maker forums a forum admin was saying you need to make sure you use the correct version the the Steam SDK, so I changed it from the 1.41 I had to what shows on the Gamer Maker website as 1.35b. ..I've verified the SDK in GM under Preferences and the Steam tab and set it to the SDK folder I just mentioned and it passes saying "SDK ok"

In that 1.35b SDK, I've unpacked my ZIP game I zipped from Gamer Maker to the Content folder, I've made sure I have the steam_api.dll (modified 1/15/2016 at 9:28 PM) it shows is in my Content folder with all my unzipped game files.

I've uploaded my game to Steam like this, updated it correctly on the Steam app admin page and set it live and published it and all that. My game works fine... but it continued to FAIL every time on the steam_stats_ready() being true.

I can't find anything else online to support me here. I'm not even trying to set achievements yet because I already read on the GM documentation that it won't work if the steam _stats_read() isn't set to true first.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure it's something really simple but I am tired of scouring the internet and I've already read the GM documentation many times and tried everything I can think of.

Zaxtor99

Nevermind I fixed it. I was trying to set the variable as per the documentation and then read it as true in a different room a few seconds later, and thought it wasn't working. But I just got my achievements to work in my game on Steam, so nevermind my original post. I don't see how to delete the thread, so I will just close it and say it's working, "my bad" ;-)